1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fallible, May 20, 2012.

1. Fallible

So, here's the deal. I originally thought I was straight. I liked 2 guys before I started to question my sexuality. Then, I began to notice girls and I thought I was bi. Then I completely blocked out guys and thought I was a lesbian for a while there. But now, I think I'm beginning to like a guy. So I have no idea whether I'm straight, bisexual, or homosexual. UGH. I feel like tearing my hair out. Not really, but what do I do? Any advice would be appreciated. :]

2. Dominic

Dominic Guest

First of all, you don't need to label yourself. No person, despite labels, is 100% gay or 100% straight. Second, I would let the crush on that guy develop and see where it goes. If you try to stop thinking about him, you'll think about him more. If he sexually arouses you, and so do girls, you may be bisexual. Basically, let the crush develop, see what happens, and then YOU can decide what to label yourself. Sorry if this seems like sort of vague advice. :slight_smile: Good luck!

3. ttmab

There's always other options. You could be pan-sexual, which is attraction without regard to gender (as I understand it). I know how frustrating it is. It's like, if you can label it with something it's easier to handle. I had the same trouble, and I simply considered myself queer (anything that's not 100% straight) until I could sort things out in my head.

4. Young Anonymous

As frustrating as it is, just disregard labels until you figure out who you are.

If you just feel compelled to have one, just be "Questioning".

5. julia

Don't feel the need to put any labels on yourself just yet. So you like girls and guys, awesome, you have plenty of time to put a stupid label on yourself.
    If you're really wanting to put a label on yourself or just want to understand your feelings more, try asking yourself if you see yourself with a guy/girl sexually and emotionally. And then go from there. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. ThatCoopKid

Having had the same problem recently, I can say now that you don't have to worry about figuring out what you are RIGHT NOW. You're 15, you've still got your entire life to explore and figure that out and come to terms with anything that you find. Trying to figure it out in a single day, week, or month is just stressful and frustrating, and it does nothing but add more pressure to your daily life. Relax, and take it a day at a time :slight_smile:

7. Ianthe

At 15, it can be hard to discern a complete pattern, because you don't have enough information yet. You are allowed to like whoever you like: in a few years, you should have enough information to give you an overall picture of your sexual orientation.

Even then, though, you could still meet someone new and find that your feelings surprise you. It happens now and then. Life is funny like that.

Just use the word that seems best when you are talking about it to other people, and recognize that the word we use to describe ourselves are not binding.