1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get rid of your straight crush or prevent yourself from getting jealous?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RedPanda, May 20, 2012.

1. RedPanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm trying to get rid of a straight crush but I keep getting jealous when he plays around with other guys. Help?:icon_sad:

2. Ianthe

Re: How do you get rid of your straight crush or prevent yourself from getting jealou

Find a new crush, preferably one who likes guys.

3. cscipio

Re: How do you get rid of your straight crush or prevent yourself from getting jealou

It just takes time. You have to reality check yourself and just be blunt with yourself. "It's not gonna happen, it's best to let it go". Don't lose a friend over it. It's not fair to either of you and it's not his fault he's not able to like you the same way you like him. Sometimes, for what it's worth, if you're out to your straight friends, it makes it easier to not crush on them - mostly because (unless it's severe denial) you can be pretty assured any of them you've questioned will show their cards.

4. Lewis

I wish I knew.

5. julia

You just need time. There's no immediate way to get rid of a crush on a friend besides time. Just keep telling yourself nothing can happen between you two, eventually your crush will fade, trust me.

6. rainbowfox

this
    TIME will fade it. but i think seeing that person less will help too.

7. kez

kez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

Try to see their problems, the things you DONT like about them. that helps.
    Do your favorite sport (keep your self busy) and move on.

its hard, especially when nearly every love song reminds you of her/him. but it will get easier trust me. try to avoid your crush for a bit.. but not ignore. remain friendly, just dont go out of your way to contact them. resist. :slight_smile: