confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ems, May 21, 2012.

1. ems

ems

Ok , so Im confused about my sexuality, have no idea what I am and i know labels don't matter but i don't know what to think . I worked out a few years back that I was bi but now I'm liking women more amd more and I think some men are fit but if I think out going out with them I feel like I'm not meant too .I'm totally fed up with all this I just want to work it out . Got no one I can really talk to about this .

2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Well hey now you have us :slight_smile: WELCOME!

Ok, so... Maybe you could give me a little bit more detail, like exactly in what ways you like guys, is it sexual, emotional, physical, and the same with girls. Then I can help you a bit better xx

3. ems

ems

Ok . Well when I see guys out and about as u do , I always think they are physically good looking, but I m finding if I think about asking one out or being with one I just can't Do it when I used d to want to be with them and have past boyfreinds .I should want to be with them , I don't know what too think . With females I find them attractive everyway, there good looking , nice , emotional and find myself wantin to exploe it more

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I totally understand where you are coming from. I would label myself gay, but I could still easily tell you which guys I thought were attractive and which werent. Its not that I find them repulsive or anything I just dont feel the same draw or desire to them that I do to girls.

5. Ianthe

Well, if you have truly accepted that you are attracted to women, and that's okay, then is it really so distressing that you are less interested in men than you used to be? Why not go out with the women you are interested in, and if you meet a guy that you can feel "right" about in the future, that's fine too.

6. ems

ems

I know I'm attracted to women, but I feel like I shouldnt be as loads of people aren't gonna like it, I want my parents to be proud but there not gonna be , I feel like why me

7. Oblivion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in almost exactly the same position as you :slight_smile: I think I'm a lesbian, but I'm not sure since I can still pick out boys I find attractive. And my dad's not too keen on gay people so I can sense I'm going to have trouble with him when I come out, so I'll be having hassle too.

I think you should just be yourself, there's not much people can do if you tell them straight out that you're happy with who you are. I'd say don't worry so much about exactly which sexuality you are, there's always time to time out. Although if you just find guys generally and not sexually attractive then I'm thinking you're leaning towards lesbian.
    Good luck :slight_smile: X

8. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Hey, sorry for not replying :slight_smile: phone died..
    So anyway, I, like many ECers, have been in totally the same position. Everyone takes their own time, so relax. For me it was like, sure, he's attractive, but no way would I wanna..do stuff with him. make
    sense? Well, anyway, I decided I was pretty much gay, but what's in a label, really? Just go with the flow, see where it takes you, there's no rush. It's all a part of the journey, the questioning stage. Noone can flat out tell you you're this or you're that. Only you can know for sure. I guess for me it was very much what felt right, like the moment I felt like I wasn't lying to myself.
    Good luck :slight_smile: xx

9. ems

ems

I guess a label helps u understand ur self and who u are. It someone asks u ur sexuality what are u gonna say if you don't have a label

10. amychan12

I feel the same way I'm trying to find out if I'm lesbian but I feel like I am more and more each day I also don't feel right when I think about dating a guy it scares me actually but once you find out you should feel proud of what u are I know I do:icon_bigg

11. InkStain

InkStain Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand where you're coming from. I had a hard time with this when I first was questioning my sexuality. I would say for you just don't rush into labeling yourself. I mean, you said it yourself, people put too much on labels. I do understand the desire to have one though because it feels nice to have a word or something of the sort to go with what you're feeling. Just try not to feel pressured into fitting one particular one. I would say just explore your feelings more, safely of course. Don't worry to much. :slight_smile:

12. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I understand how you feel, its tough coming to terms with something that you think people are not going to like. The thing is though you cant change the way you are, and most parents are accepting even if at first it is a shock and they dont react in a supportive way.
    When I had to tell my parents I totally thought I was letting them down, but to get into a relationship with a guy just because I thought it would please them wouldnt be fair on the guy and I dont actually think it would make them proud. Parents have dreams for their children and granted being gay isnt one of them but I think deep down what most parents want is for their children to be good honest people, and to be happy and you cant be either of these not being your true self.

Talking to people on EC about it will help. Do you have any people in real life that you can talk to?

13. rx79g

Try to find a close friend you can come out to. It will make you feel a lot better. Just tell them what you're going through and you will feel a huge weight off your chest. Just be very careful whom you tell. If you don't have anyone to tell than EC is definitely the next best thing. If you want you can write on my wall any time (I'm not a full member so I can't PM). I've been there and I'm a little way down the road from you so feel free to ask me anything or even just rant.

14. ems

ems

Well I have close friends but don't now weather they would understand or not .

15. fireworks

fireworks Guest

If they are close enough, then they should accept you regardless xx