1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I, really?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Juno92, May 21, 2012.

1. Juno92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, uhm if you've read my intro post, this was supposed to be the thread I was talking about.

Uhm, I'm physically male, I mean, I was born male, at first I thought I was gay, but then I realized something was not quite right with my self. I'm not exactly masculine, and people usually mistake me for a girl, I can't say I'm displeased with that, on the contrary I'm quite liking it, but the thing is, I'm kind of confused as to what I am, some people thought I was just a pretty boy, some say I might be the camp-y type, some say I'm androgynous.

There are times when I felt like I very much want to be a female, but there are times where I want to be a male. I wanted to be "pretty" but at other times I want to be "handsome". But I found that the middle ground for me has always been tomboyish girls, sort of like Irina Lazareanu, Freja Beha Erichsen or maybe Alexa Chung?

I don't wear overtly obvious feminine clothes like skirts and dresses but I do tend to wear stuff that's not masculine either..

i don't know I might be rambling, I'm sorry.. Can anyone shed a light for me? maybe someone else felt this way? I'm comfortable enough being male but I think I'm more comfortable being female. I've grown my hair long enough to fool some people into thinking I'm a girl until a few months ago when I chopped it short but I really just have an "ellen degeneres-y" hair now.

I don't know, I'm confused... help?
    I also made an alternative twitter account for my alter-ego, Kayla.

am I trans? am I androgynous? or maybe gender fluid? or am I just camp-y?

sorry if I made no sense..

2. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

It sounds like gender fluid, but I'll leave it to the experts here:slight_smile:

3. Juno92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you heaps for your input *hugs*

4. Leora

Nobody can really tell you for sure; unfortunately, not even the wisest among us has a label making device for gender identity and sexuality, but it sounds like genderfluid or genderqueer to me.

5. Juno92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @leora: yeah I suppose you're right. I guess I really just need to hear it from other people outside of my circle lol.. thank you so much for your input though :slight_smile:

I guess I don't really wanna change my gender, I just wanna feel pretty once in awhile, and if reincarnation exists, I would very much like to be reborn as a girl. does that make sense?

6. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You could call yourself bigender, genderqueer, gender fluid... I like genderqueer because it's vague and inclusive.

If you're happy in your male body, that's great. You can experiment with presenting yourself as androgynous or feminine or whatever. Other people will think you're being confusing, but you're just being honest, so don't let them bother you.