1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back to seriously confused

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by inevertoldyou, May 21, 2012.

1. I've met and been dating this beautiful woman for a few weeks now...I am definitely attracted to her and I think I'm falling for her. Since I've been dating her I haven't had any thoughts of men or anything. For a while I wasn't even thinking about it, but shes been on a trip and I've had some time to think and I've made the realization that I'm totally into her and that I haven't had any thoughts of anyone but her, in any way. This has today turned into more confusion about my sexuality. Am I straight and just went through a confused period? Am I bisexual? Does it even matter?:bang:

2. jsmurf

In light of the news that struck me just this past week (made a thread about it a few moments ago), I don't think it matters. How do we even know that heterosexuality is a well-defined categorical phenomenon that serves a "purpose" in nature. For all we know, there's no intentional drive behind heterosexual reproduction, evolutionarily-speaking...The freak occurrence 3 billion years ago that allowed meiototic cell reproduction to leap ahead of simple cell division was merely due to a consciousless mutation in nature.

I should be more succinct and say that there's probably no such thing as any definite kind of orientation in the grand scheme of Mother Nature. What we call "orientation" is most likely Man's best attempt at formulating categories that our primate minds can easily identify with.

So if you dig the chick, go for it, and don't worry about labelling yourself. :wink:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have in the past been into guys then I think from what you have said it is most likely that you are bisexual and currently more into girls, but as the others have said the most important thing is that you follow what you feel and if your into her then that can only be a good thing.

4. Thanks everyone. I think i'll go back to the way I used to be which is just that I love who I love and not actually label my orientation.