1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mmmm.....I had a mild freak out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Perrygay, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Ok, so I've been having a little trouble with my brother lately. And today he pissed me off so bad that I gave him a black eye. I've never been physically violent with someone like that since middle school, but I couldn't control myself.

He is so lame. He talks so much shit about me being gay in school to everyone, even people that are my friends. Every single day I have at least one person come up to me and tell me some new story he was telling people about me. The worst part is he thinks he's cool because his brother is the most popular gay guy in school, and his logic is if he makes fun of me he'll be as well liked as I am.

Another thing that pisses me off is that he will not wear anything to school, or buy any clothes, without having my approval of the outfit. He thinks he can talk all this junk behind my back and then turn around and ask me for advice. What really pisses me off though is that he thinks that because I'm gay I can tell him what will look good on him and what won't.

So I was looking at some random girl's myspace that was at my friend's part on Friday, and I scroll down a little to look at someone else's comment. And what do I find out? My brother is in her math class and he was talking about me. He started it with: "So you know my faggot brother? How gay does he act in your class?" And she wouldn't get into it with him because apparently she likes me, but it pissed me off so much that he went out of his way to starting talking about me.

Long story short, I confronted him about it and he called me a faggot AGAIN and I punched his face. And now he gets to go to school tomorrow with a big black eye that he got from his "faggot" brother. UGH! :bang:

2. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, after hearing what he does, I would have done the same thing...

Well at least the people like you, and from what I have heard (correct me if I'm wrong) they are not listening to him, but I can understand why you gave him that black eye.

3. Vampyrecat

OH man, your brother is a shit! He sounds like my brother, honestly, he goes out of his way to humiliate me.
    When I came out to my parents, I didn't tell my brother, but eventually, he heard through the grapevine that I'm lesbian, so he says in the middle of dinner, "Hey Tess, so I hear you're a lesbian? Freak" All the time he was saying this, he was looking at mum and dad to see their reaction.
    They told him off.

I think you need to have a firm talk with your brother, perhaps another punch up (just kidding! don't punch him again) and if that doesn't work, then talk to your parents. Sometimes if you really try to make your parents how you feel and WHY you feel that way, it can make a world of difference to how they'll treat your brother. Ask your parents to talk to him, give him threats or something.

HEY that gave me an idea. If he keeps spreading shit about you, then maybe tell everyone that he refuses to buy or wear anything without your fashion advice? that might teach him a lesson.

Hope this helps mate. (*hug*)

4. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^^^ That's great advice! The last part about him asking you about clothes and stuff, show him what it's like! :badgrin:

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It sounds like your brother is really jealous of your popularity and is trying to demean you. This is his problem not yours. Just be yourself at school and try to ignore his jabs at you as much as possible. He'll eventually get over it. I'll tell you what I told my kids when they used to fight all the time, "one day, you WILL love eachother". We've reached that point finally.

6. Louise

I think Becky is right, it sounds to me like your brother is jealous, jealous of you, your popularity and is fed up with living in your shadow and so uses your homosexuality to get attention for himself. He probably didn't have anything interesting to say to this girl so decided to use you as a sparking off point... sad really.

As for calling you a faggot, or any other derogatory name, that is unacceptable and he needs to grow up a bit (well a lot really) I think your parents should step in there and make it quite clear that that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Instead of taking a direct approach and confronting your brother could you ask him why he feels the need to be so rude about you behind your back to people who know you and how he would feel if you did the same thing to him. Ask him to put himself in your shoes for a moment and get him to feel what you feel... just a thought, it might do the trick. Good luck.

7. lodiug

haha he needs some :help:
    I would hit him too! You just showed him how gay you really are!
    Don't mess with us gays!!:tantrum:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I watched the Peaceful Warrior this past weekend and was reminded that the hardest people to love are the ones that need it the most. Maybe your brother would benefit from an apology and some one on one time with you.

9. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

haha This thread made me laugh...

10. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Why?

11. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I'm not apologizing to him unless he comes and says he's sorry to me first. I always try to be the bigger person, but this is a case where the other person really has to do it first. I would accept his apology if he made one to me.

12. nisomer

Try to talk some sense into him. Now that you punched him, showing him you are serious, ask him WHY he does that stuff and try to figure it out. I take it he is younger than you...does he not respect you?

Along with that, I think you have more to gain than you have to lose when he tells people that his "faggot brother" punched him in the face :slight_smile:.

13. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

No he's almost a year older than me. I know that sounds wierd, but that's how it happened.

14. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Instead of hurting my brother (who doesn't know i am gay, but says crap all the time), I change the password on his computer, I get him in trouble often, and i hide our wii and xbox 360 away from him. he gets mad, ha ha ha!(!)