1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh dear. What to do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Maialuna, May 21, 2012.

1. Maialuna

So basically there's this girl. Who happens to be my girlfriends stepsister. Who I also happen to have an unpleasant history with. This girl really mistreats her sister, and being on the phone with my girlfriend I can hear her just yelling at her and guilt tripping her and basically treating her like crap. So I brought this up to this girl and it became a huge fight. It was bad. So after a long bad history with her, I decided to cut things off. She seems depressed and she's really manipulative and this hash of things. But the message I got back after trying to stop things were terrible. But I knew she was trying to get attention with it, so I didn't answer. I still do think it was the right decision. Things just would have escalated more.

Life has been easier since then.

And after I continue to hear her treating my girlfriend really badly and infuriating me, maybe a month after this, she writes me an email. She sounds sooo nice and apologetic but I don't trust her. However, if this makes her happier, will she treat her sister better? I don't know if it'll help, but it could. I basically ended up asking her for time to think about this, and I openly admitted that life had been nicer for me since I had stopped talking to her.

Just... Agh. She makes me angry. I don't trust her. But if this could improve things for my girlfriend, then that would be good. And I do care about this girl, but... I've lost so much respect for her.

Any advice? Should I talk to her or not? I'm leaning towards taking the risk and letting us have more contact again, but I'd cut it off again if there was more conflict. Good idea? Bad?

Thank you.

2. Dominic

Dominic Guest

I would first ask your girlfriend if her step sister has been treating her any better. Then, if the answer is yes, I would talk to her again, but with caution. I think your idea is good. Take the risk and cut off if there is more conflict. I really recommend talking to your girlfriend about this first, though.

I hope everything works out for you. :slight_smile: And good luck!

3. Lad123

Hmm you could just keep things civil and leave it as that? You don't have to be all nice and offer her to hang out or go shopping etc, after all she was horrible to you.

4. Maialuna

Thank you, I have been talking to my girlfriend. She told me it's my choice. *sigh* Not the most constructive advice she's ever given me. I think I will try to talk to this girl and as you said cut off in the face of more conflict. Thank you! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 21st May 2012 at 07:03 PM ----------

I think that is what I shall do. Asking her to actually see me in real life would be out of the question. I don't think either of us would really want to, anyways. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile: