1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deciding to come out to a family member

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jazz7, May 22, 2012.

1. Jazz7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so, I've decided to go ahead and tell my oldest brother that im Bi. I figure I start with him, since he's more reasonable and understanding vs. some of my family. I kinda feel like if I can tell at least one of them, maybe I'll have the courage to tell the rest.
    I'm just really nervous about the whole thing. I mean, with my luck, this could somehow backfire and blow up in my face. -_-
    I could use some words of encouragement I guess. :help:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, it doesn't really sound like anyone is truly safe, here. You'll just have to roll the dice I guess. I can't promise it will be okay in the end, but your brother should come to understand. Maybe you might want to preface it with saying how you're going to tell him something very important and personal about yourself and you really, really need his attention, and you need his support, and you need him to know you are the same person after as before this conversation. I think that should make him flip his brain first into understanding the gravity of it, which might disarm him a little bit.

Your shades are killer. (*hug*)

3. Jazz7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, with him at least I have a better chance of getting a more understanding and accepting reaction. I think you're right. I should definitely create an atmosphere of how importance this is to me and how I really need his support. ^.^

And thanks they're my bestfriend. lol (!)

4. amychan12

R u close with ur brother? If so then it should work out fine I told my older brother that o might be a lesbian and he supports me 100% maybe if u tell ur brother he can help u get the courage to tell the rest of your family good luck:thumbsup:

5. Jazz7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    we're distantly close, if that makes any sense. :/

like we get each other and all, though we don't directly get to spend a lot of time together. But lately we see one another more often. I hope that's where it all leads. :slight_smile:
    I kinda kills me not having them know. like they don't completely know me. And even if my mom doesn't accept the truth of the matter, then at least I can say that I had the balls to actually tell her. Eventually I'll tell her and the rest. Baby steps fer now. ^.^

And thanks for the luck. I think I'll need it! haha :slight_smile: