1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really weird situation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by query, May 23, 2012.

1. query

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So i was dating this guy for like 2 months. i'm 17 and he's 14. We where in love and all that, or at least i thought we where, because he dumped me and said since i was his first bf that he really didn't feel anything for me at all just thought he did. I was pretty broken up about it, but not so much anymore because he just absolutely completely ignores i exist after saying he wanted to be friends, which sucks because we all have the same friends which means stuff gets awkward fast. All my friends say that it's normal, but he's just being reaaaaally immature about the whole thing so i pretty much just feel anger towards him currently. i try not to, but he has just been a huge douche. So that was a week ago. My other friend tells me there is this guy at the local community college who he's been friends with for years, and i should think about dating him (he's 18). My friend and i have talked about it for a few days and i agreed on a date. i just ... it's freaking me out. i know the majority of it is because i just have an anxiety disorder, but i am nervous. my last boyfriend was very ... feminine to put it nicely (not like it's a bad thing, i wouldn't have dated him if i thought that) and the new guy is, or at least appears to be far more masculine, which is not a bad thing but it's just not what I'm used to and it's making me nervous. not to put everything into stereotypes but i was kind of the "alpha gay" in my last relationship and i'm certain i wouldn't be here. plus i've never actually met him so .... :frowning2: i dunno what i'm even asking i just need something to calm me down or ... something. he's never dated anyone before so i'm also nervous about that. i was planning to have the date 2-3 weeks from now so to make sure i'm not still dwelling on the past. advice?

2. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, don't first go on a date, see if you can meet p with him with the friends you both know mutually. That way you get to meet him and see what's he like. If you like what you see, then go for it, ask him out on a date. Take matters in your own hands. Being with same minded alpha guy can be really interesting, it also means that you don't have to take the lead every time. Now someone else can take the lead once in a while, give you a bit more chance to get used to him.