1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

could a relationship between a botton and a pred bottom versatile guy last?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KatKut, May 23, 2012.

1. KatKut

Hi everyone!

Well I am exclusively bottom and I am dating a guy who's versatile but he's predominally bottom,he told me that me being completely bottom is not a problem to him,that he'd love to top me and that sex doesn't matter to him as much as the love he feels for me,but I am very afraid that he'll miss being penetrated someday over time and he will cheat on me or leave me for a top...cause I really love him and I want this love to last forever :frowning2:

what do you guys think?

(and sorry for my really bad English)

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Well, I can't speak from experience, since I have none sexually speaking, but if he's sincere I don't see why not.
    If he truly loves you and is versitile he won't mind topping.

3. RomanIrish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should trust him when he says he loves you and invest in some toys.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should try trusting him.

That said, understand that sometimes he may want to use a toy from time to time. Because think about how much you love bottoming. He probably loves it that much too.

5. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why don't you just top him occasionally? I find it hard to believe people are full bottoms.

6. King

King Guest

I think the idea that he'll leave you for a top is ridiculous and isn't sensible in the least...
    If it's that big of a deal, he'll let you know. Like Austin said, surely you can top once in a while.

7. Ianthe

I think you should take him at his word.

A lot of people are a lot more flexible in terms of what they will do with a long-term partner as opposed to hook-ups or whatever.

Of course, Dan Savage might suggest that you should consider finding a way to satisfy your partner's sexual needs, either by overcoming your aversion to topping or by letting him get that from someone else--with you along, or not, as you like. But he's kind of controversial like that.

Since I don't know your reasons for not topping, I can't address that.

8. Aldrick

Alright, let me just state for the record that you're going to be fine. Let's just pretend for a moment that both of you are exclusive bottoms. You both absolutely hate topping and refuse to do it under any circumstances. Worst case scenario, right? Wrong.

It's based on the assumption that the only "real" type of sex is penetrative sex. This is just such a heterosexual way of thinking that it's just ridiculous. (Hetero's think this way because of breeding purposes... not because the only "real" sex among a man and a woman is penetrative sex. The same things I'm about to say here apply to them as well.)

Think about it, you're leaving out oral sex. You're leaving out docking (if one or both of you are uncut). You're leaving out frottage. You're leaving out mutual masturbation. You're also leaving out sex toys. You're also leaving out all sorts of kinks and other such things that help define a healthy sexual relationship.

There is a reason dildo's for anal play exist.

Imagine giving a blow job to your boyfriend while he uses a prostate stimulator. It's something, assuming he isn't afraid of sex toys, that I'm rather certain he'll enjoy.

In the end, just use your imagination. Some of what I outlined above is going to make your sex life better than the sex lives of most gay men trapped in a hetero-centric paradigm.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's kind of funny how much distrust there is for flexible people... From versatiles to bisexuals, it seems like there's all this "omg, will he/she dump me for X/Y??"

Actually, the very fact that it is controversial pisses me off. I am aware of this controversy, and I understand the arguments, but I still don't think it's useful. While I would never want to suggest a person should be ethically obliged to do something she finds uncomfortable, I also think that it's unfair to expect perfect fidelity when sexual incompatibility exists.

10. KatKut

my boyfriend just left me and I'm devastated :frowning2:

11. Zaio

Zaio Guest

"could a relationship between a botton and a pred bottom versatile guy last?"

No.

... Ok sorry but I had to. Well it seems his love for you wasn't as strong as you thought, if he doesn't feel that way then so be it, he's the one missing out so you have nothing left to do but get over him, and show him how good you'll do without him :wink:

All the best.

12. KatKut

He was basically "using" me :tears: to forget about his exboyfriend(who was a top)...but he obviusly did not forget about him and it now I am not usefull anymore and I really feel so used and very stupid for trusting him :bang:,
    he was very sweet and was always talking about our future together(he even mentioned us adopting a Chinese girl and a Russian boy in the future) but apparently he was just acting,was not sincere,was playing a role...

he told me that he thinks I am a good person and I am very handsome but he did not feel that magic that he was expecting to feel with me and then started telling me that he is suffering alot because he doesn't like breaking people's heart...

but I think he did not care very much about my heart cause If he did he would not make those promises and would not kiss me the way he did...

13. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a fellow victim of infidelity, I feel your pain. The best thing you can possibly do for yourself is to let contact between you die. You have to remove yourself from the hurt and allow yourself to breathe and focus on other things. If you're anything like me, you might want to try to salvage some sort of friendship. Although, I could sympathise with that I don't recommend it for the sake of your sanity. Honestly. I actually did try to do that the first time someone cheated on me; worse yet, he was living in my house at the time. It creates tension and reminds you of what he did. It makes you unable to resolve anything.

Again, I really do feel sorry for you. Rest up, don't let your appetite slip and keep yourself occupied throughout the day. (*hug*)