1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sesshomaru, May 23, 2012.

1. Sesshomaru

There's this guy I've been sorta seeing/talking to who I'm completely and madly pretty much in love with yet he treats me sorta like crap. We've known each other since November 10, 2010 and since then we've kept in touch despite me only seeing him on average once every 4-6 months. My last time I saw him was the end of March and before that it hadn't been since Mother's Day 2011.

I don't know why I have such strong feelings for this guy to the point where it seems impossible to stop talking to him for good like I wish I could and just forget him and move on like I have with other guys that were jerks. He's pretty much the biggest flake anyone could ever meet but other than that everything is fine. He's sweet, affectionate, and good in bed which is always a plus but I don't know...it almost seems like it is worth it sometimes then at other times I just wish I could erase all memeory of him. We make plans to hang out and 9.9 out of 10 times he either cancels the day before/the day of or just ignores my calls/texts until a few days pass and I send another message and he ends up replying. He also never makes any effort to contact me but says he's interested which leaves me not only confused but frustrated with everything that I deal with coming from him.

Like earlier today (well just a few hours ago) we had yet another talk/disagreement/argument about him promising to see me before my birthday, which is today, yet of course he flaked and I once again got my hopes up only to have them crushed. He always says he's busy and while I know a little about his personal life from the talks we've had my closest friends and myself both feel like no one is too busy to the point where they can't take 2-3 hours at least once a month to hang out with someone they care for.

2. Dominic

Dominic Guest

Well, maybe you and your closest friends are right about no one being to busy to the point where they can't take 2-3 hours at least once a month to hang out with someone they care for, but does he really care for you? From what I read, it seems like he is making a lot of effort to not have to hang out with you. I don't think you should really keep persisting to hang out with him and start hanging out with your actual friends. If he doesn't want to hang out with an awesome person like you, then you need to stop putting all the effort into him. Start putting your effort into something or someone else.

Happy Birthday! :slight_smile:

3. Sesshomaru

Normally I'd be able to but the only problem with that it's feels impossible to do so. The longest we've gone without talking was about 2 months and even then that was hard for me. I always end up thinking about him which ends up with me texting him. I tried deleting his number before but it turns out somehow my subconscious memorized it and I knew the number still. If he were to say he wanted to end everything I'd be able to deal with it since it seems somehow my mind is able to then forget about a person when that happens but for now it's almost as if until I hear it's over I still think about him.

Thanks for the happy birthday wish too :slight_smile:

4. Dominic

Dominic Guest

Have you told him how you feel about his actions towards you? Maybe you should just tell him everything: just come clean and tell him everything you have posted in this thread. You like him, you have uncontrollable feelings for him, and it breaks your heart every time he treats you like your nothing and doesn't respond. Tell him that you have feelings too and you have other things you could be doing, but you really want to spend some time with him.

And your welcome for your birthday wish! I hope everything else today has been great!

5. Sesshomaru

That sounds like a good idea. I just called him to tell him but of course he didn't answer (though for now he has an actual reason not to since I'm sure he's still at work). Should I call back and leave a message or would this be something best left to an actual conversation?

6. Hana Solo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have a friend who treats me like crap on and off too. We've had some massive falling outs over the years and I really don't trust him, not as far as I can throw him. He's broken my heart and when I told him I loved him he laughed at me.

I suppose what I'm trying to say in that I understand been stuck on a jerk. And its really really hard to get unstuck. I'm not unstuck on him still. I still hang out with him because he's easy to hang out with. I still love him.

You never get over love, I suppose, and its really hard to stop contact but sometimes you need to just stop contact and regain your own mind. Think about your priorities. Consider what you want from life. Best of luck, and happy birthday :slight_smile: