1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I do this?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dano22, May 23, 2012.

1. dano22

dano22 Guest

This is something I posted on another forum and it concerns a issue in my post: had a severe shyness and anxiety in social situations all my life and in High School was seen as a loner by students and even teachers. I feared rejection and being closeted it was easy to shut people out and not let anybody in especially when I was surrounded by homophobes. I was in a resource room for my disability and most of class was homophobic therefore I completely cut myself off from them for the most part. My social skills teacher claimed that I was a loner and unwilling to make friends embarassing me at my IEP meetings. So I completely get where your coming from. I felt the same way for a long time and wish I could see that teacher and tell her what was really going on with me. It takes time for some people to become comfortable in social situations and that is not a bad thing at all.

I am thinking of emailing the teacher in a kind and respectful way and telling her of the pain I endured all those years in order to help kids who might be going through the same thing. This might help me get over the way I was treated in school even though I graduated two years ago I want to get past that and the teacher may not even care but I think it would be good to express the way I felt during that time. Is this a good idea or not.

2. Lad123

Sure, why not? :slight_smile:

If you want to do this and it will help you in some way then I don't see any problems with it at all. You said you graduated two years ago so its not like you will ever see the teacher again, or any other people associated with the school. What have you got to lose? ^^

3. dano22

dano22 Guest

Thanks I think it is a good thing to do for myself.

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sounds like a good idea. Just make sure it is respectful and try to make it useful information, so she can do better with future students.
    You will also be showing your teacher, and maybe yourself, that you've gotten more confident and better at expressing yourself.