1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First crush on another gay guy!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ysp321, May 24, 2012.

1. ysp321

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everybody! Well since the last time that I posted on here things have gone pretty well! I successfully cut the people who bring me down out of my life and I've started coming out to more and more of my friends. Which is great because they've all been really accepting about it. And, more excitingly, I actually met this really really cool guy and he's actually gay and he likes me too so :slight_smile: Anyway, it was pretty funny when we met cause I had just gone to meet him to buy some trees (what can I say, I love to dance with mary jane) and when I got there I couldn't stop thinking "this dude looks sooooo familiar". Turns out we went to middle school together and we had the same orchestra class for three years and I remember back in the day I always thought he was really cute. So that made sort of an instant click kinda thing. However, he is still in the closet and I don't think he's told any of his friends. So if his friends are around he acts different, you know? I did actually ask him if he would go out with me and he said "We will have to talk about it." What does that mean? He always tells me that he really likes me and whatnot and I really like him too. I just want some advice on how I should approach this situation. I asked him out probably two or three weeks ago, do you guys think it's time for me to ask him to talk about it with me or what should I do?

2. BudderMC

First off, congrats! :thumbsup:

I'd say bring it up, maybe under the context of "I'm still interested, but I don't know what you're thinking". If he said he wants to talk about it, I'd personally interpret that to mean he's still not sure if he wants to go through with it yet. Being closeted, I don't know if that means he knows he likes guys but is in denial, or he's accepted it and hasn't told anyone, or what. There's a whole range of stages he could be in right now, right?

I'd say he probably also wants to talk it out because if he's closeted, he presumably doesn't want anyone else to know about you two, and he might want to lay out some "ground rules" or something.

But yeah, I don't think it hurts to ask. You'll regret not following through more, right? :slight_smile:

3. ysp321

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking something along the same lines but with him being the first guy I like that has the same feelings for me I really just don't want to make a mess of things. And he knows that he likes guys. He has had a boyfriend before and the two of us have slept together so there's that haha. He told me that his parents know he's gay but I don't know if anyone else does.

I sort of had the same thought about him wanting to lay out some "rules" of some sort. He is one of the primary reasons why I've started coming out to my friends more though. I want the two of us to have people where we can just act like ourselves and not have to worry about what they'll think or being judged or anything like that.