1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please ignore the first paragraph

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LimePopsicle, May 24, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

In recent weeks, the number of spills has increased… What spills? Me spilling information that’s supposed to be private. I have very little restraint. Don’t trust me with secrets. Well, I can keep secrets, but it takes a lot of will power. Well…I don’t know. But that isn’t the point! This whole paragraph is actually meaningless to this thread/post. I just like to write/type as I would normally talk in real life. Makes things easier sometimes…this is not one of those times.

I was just wondering if there’s a…smooth way to make a transition to the male domain. If that doesn’t make much sense, is there a slow way I can ease myself and my parents into the guy part of me? The reason I’m even asking is because it’s starting to feel awkward and uncomfortable being in female clothing. It may be good to give some background on my parents…ok!

I wouldn’t say they’re religious, they just believe in God. They also believe it isn’t right for someone to be with the same sex intimately. Forget a person wanting to change their gender. That is way above their heads! They are somewhat supportive, which I appreciate very much, but they don’t want me changing myself. In other words, presenting myself as a boy is not going to happen. Boy clothes? Please, I better be wearing some girl clothes! And maybe I should wait because they are in charge and stuff…just around 2 (the number may change) more years and I’m out and on my own. So…leave it be, or try to ease into it VERY slowly?

2. Dominic

Dominic Guest

If you feel you could last 2+ more years to start transitioning, I think that might be best in your position. I think you could maybe start easing into it VERY slowly. You could start wearing looser clothing (i.e. baggier pants, larger sweatshirts). At least your parents are somewhat supportive of you.

I hope everything goes well. :slight_smile:

3. LostFound

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with Dominic. If you could wait those two or so years that would be best. Sometimes its best to start that change with people whom you know will accept you for it then start easing those you arent so sure about into it. Anyways best of luck to you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think it's all right to start the change as soon as you want to, and take very small steps.

Just explain to your parents that you're more comfortable in boy's clothes, you enjoy some traditionally masculine pastimes, and things like that. There are plenty of tomboyish girls who don't consider themselves genderqueer or trans. Let your parents think you are one of those, for now.