1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anyone else just DYING to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hollywood, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Hollywood

I really want to. But it'd be a lot easier to come out this summer after graduation and probably a little stupid to right now. Plus, I am absolutly terrified of telling my parents.

Gahhhh...coming out is such a draining/complicated process :\

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Meeee.

I'm still not convinced i should yet though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*dislikes having unpredictable parents*

3. Hollywood

they're probably gonna throw a bible at me when i do come out.

4. Casey17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I've decided to come out on my 18th birthday, which is less than a month away.

5. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel the same way. I just came out to my parents and had the best reaction. They're cool with it. But I know how you feel. I am just dying to come out so I can be myself and stop feeling like I am lying to everyone. But I teach at a Christian school and am strong in my church and am worried that I will be shunned and lose my job. I wish you the best of luck.

6. Wired106

I actually really didn't think about coming out at all before I came to EC. Seriously I don't remember it even crossing my mind lol. But after reading everything for some reason I really want to and have really thought about it quite a lot lately.

7. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I really really really want to come out!! I just want to be myself! But I think it's something that has to be judged wisely - and I've taken to heart what I keep reading here about how you should be absolutely certain before you come out, and also comfortable with it yourself. But hopefully soon!!!!

8. nisomer

Take it easy, one at a time. You don't need to tell everyone all at once :slight_smile: If you really did want to come out and if you have someone you can trust, you could come out now.

Go for it if you really want to, but be careful and take your time, I think is what I'm trying to say haha.

9. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to most of my friends only two months ago. I wanted to do it before i left school so my friends would know the truth. If it is killing you to come out, just do it. it's like going into a really cold pool. you can go in little by little and get used to it, or you can jump in all at once and get it over with quicker. personally, it is up to you.

10. Thatsit

I'd really like to come out to my friends but I'm afraid of how uncomfortable with it they will be. I kinda have like, two groups of friends and one of them would definitely be cool with it but the other... I have strong doubts about. They tend to make a lot of gay related jokes, I don't mind them because its not like they say anything is really bad about being gay. But if I told them I was gay, I wouldn't want to have them feel embarrassed or feel bad or something because of all of the things they have said about it. Plus I think some of them might not want to hang out with me so much cause itd probably get awkward...I dont know.

I know for a fact my dad would be fine with it, he told it to me directly even though I never told him or hinted I was gay, he might kinda think I might be...my mom and step-dad would be more likely to be uncomfortable, especially my step-dad.

anyway, thats my situation I kinda feel like I'm stealing your thread sorry

11. Nodnarb

I do too! But I just don't think I'm really ready...I know my parents will be fine with it, but I don't know how it will change our relationship....

I occasionally find myself on the verge of coming out to one of my friends, but then I stop myself because I think he'll ask if I like him, and I will tell him the truth that I DO like him, and he will freak out and we will get into another big fight(actually, as of today, we're not on very good terms)and we won't make up this time and I'll lose one of friends...(wow, that was a run-on sentace...)

But I'm just so happy with who I am right now(actually, my parents think I'm depressed). I guess I'm acting different around them since I am constantly trying to figure out the best way to tell them)and I just want to tell somebody....

Maybe in a few months...But I doubt I'll be able wait that long...

12. Alex89

It's easiest to tell people individually, because otherwise more unpredictable people can fuel eachother's beliefs or stereotypes they may have about gay people. It's easier to answer a single person's questions and remove any incorrect information they may have about gay people before moving on to the next person.

13. Thatsit

^^ thats what i'm kinda thinking about
    I am currently thinking about telling two of my really close friends cause i know they will be cool with it

14. Steam Giant

To be perfectly honest, I hated coming out. It was a real rush, sure, but I am SO glad that everyone who needs to know, knows now. It was just way too emotionally stressful for my tastes, heh.

Overall, I am glad that I did eventually come out to everyone. That doesn't mean I enjoyed it! -.-;

15. Youngn0323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine will 2 probably. They are already mad at me for my anti-religious beliefs, but i want to tell them so bad.... GOD this really sucks!!

16. Hollywood

yep. we have fights about how much i hate chruch and why i dont go on almost a daily basis. it would be so much easier if i could just scream "BEACUE I'M GAY YOU STUPID BITCH! HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL?! And I don't want to go because 90% of the people there despise homosexuals!" gahhhhhh

my mother and i dont get along, if you can't tell.

17. lodiug

I'm dying to tell my mom.....but I don't know how she'll react or take it..

18. Ty

Ty Guest

Its not gonna be a terrible shock to my parents when I come out, heck they call me gay all the time!
    My dad's atheist and my mums a weak catholic, so i won't have the bible thrown at me haha, but its still gonna be very disappointing to them. Unless I find the gay switch on my body and turn it off :wink:

/Ty

19. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Avoid that like the plague. It sounds like some problems will occur anyway, so using it to argue back during an argument will definetly not help things, especially when the people involved will most probably be rather irritated because of the argument and not thinking rationally.

20. Zec24

Yes, I just want to be free to be myself. Unfortunately I'll have to keep up this farce to the majority of the people around me for at least the next 5 years. That kills me. I'm out to as many people as I can trust right now, and I tackled my parents early, so at least I'm out to the important people in my life.