1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disassociating and accepting oneself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedlady, May 25, 2012.

1. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I'm questioing my sexuality for the 10th time in my life and feeling very confused. I just don't know who I am anymore. Everytime I try bring up thoughts of how I'd feel to be with a woman I feel happy but I start to dissassciate and people look like strangers like I don't know who they are. Has anyone had this problem? It feels like these thoughts are not coming from me...

2. rx79g

OMG YES! I really don't have much advice because I'm questioning within questioning right now, but I know exactly how you feel. It's like you've thought about it so much that your thoughts have no meaning any more. And then you can't even remember/ figure out how you actually feel or what your feelings are. I wish I could help more but if nothing else know you aren't alone out there.

3. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I just don't know how to get over this. I look at my husband and daughter and they look like total strangers. Its a very weird feeling and it always happens whenever I question my sexuailty.

4. 11 11 11

Questioning within Questioning. That's a good way of putting it. INCEPTION :3

I guess I'm in a similar position too.

I started questioning why I was questioning, and now I have almost no sense of identity at all.

I don't feel like my name means anything, when I look in the mirror, it seems as though a stranger is looking back, and whenever I just try to think about things in my head, nothing ever feels certain.

It's incredibly frustrating. People often say that you should "soul search" to find answers to your confusion. But I can't soul search, because every thought I have, dosn't feel like it belongs to me. It feels vague, and untrue.

I just can't be sure everything I think and feel - isn't just something I made up.

5. Deaf Not Blind

ok, well then maybe try looking at facts you do know are true to help:

go outside, is it rainy? a drop hits your hand. look at it. it is real water. your hand it really is on. and that hand moves because your brain said you are going to look at your hand.

or if it is sunny, look at the sun, okay stop. It hurts, what? Your eyes, yours...you may not know what label to put on the body you inhabit, but you exist, and you are here, and you are important or you would not be here. :slight_smile:

so, for now, try to look at those little things you always are too busy to see, the weeds under your shoe, the thread needing snipped from your jeans, the bit of crust that got too dark you will consider tossing.

you are you, and maybe you have not noticed, but there is nobody in the world ever like you. i don't care what name or gender or body you have today, even if you go bald, or have a burn that disfigures your face forever, your soul is precious. you are unique. you give life and love to others.

cherish yourself, because we all do.

A rose by any other name still smells as sweet.