1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by daggerz, Jul 3, 2006.

1. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think this is where I should be posting this and it probably seems like a stupid question.

How do you honestly know if you are gay (lesbian in my case but I use the same word)?
    I think I am adn I've got several reasons for it as well. But i'm not sure and its getting me soo confused. I just feel that when it comes to my sexuality I'm running around in circles.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well if you are....you'll know it...you dont have to be gay or straight....you could be bi or numerous other sexualities (all relating to those main three of course) and dont worry...the confusion will settle...don tbe in a rush to figure it out...just take it slow and let it sort itself out. Dont worry about it:slight_smile:.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Some sugestions that may help you decide or give you something to think about:

When you masturbate and let your mind run free, what do you think or dream about? The same sex or the opposite sex?

If someone catches your eye and you think that he/she is attractive, sexy or whatever, is it usually someone of the same sex or the opposite sex?

If you are looking through a magazine with photos of singers, actors or whatever, is it normally the guys or girls that catch your eye?

With anything like this, you need to be doing what comes naturally and not thinking about what you should be looking at.

Of course it may not be that clear cut yet. Maybe it varies from day to day, or week to week? Maybe both male and female have the same effect?

You are still young and not everyone knows or is even able to decide at your age. You are still in your adolesence with your hormones all over the place, so it may simply be impossible to know at the moment.

You could be bisexual, or anywhere else along the scale between 100% straight and 100% gay/lesbian. Have a look at the "Alfred Kinsey's Scale" thread - it is not as clear-cut as perhaps we would like!

4. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I definetly lean more toward girls, don't know by how much though!
    The main thing which (I think) has done it for me is being turned on by best mate when are close and I get that funny feeling in my stomach. Also the lack of attraction to any guy what so ever. Over the past several years I've made up having crushes so i fitted in

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Woah! Good advice...you dont beat around the bush do you...nope straight to the point :tongue:

Agreed, sometimes you can fool yourself and think "i shouldnt be doing this" and instead just masturbate to something you "should" (what a stupid idea...should's and normal's....it's all rubbish) be masturbating to...you might not get aroused by it but you still climax cuz you've been fooled by your own lie.

Dont forget to follow the link...i think you could use a good study session on sexuality:slight_smile: . Hope it helps clear a few things up for you (*hug*) .

6. Dejavu

im not gonna shoot off about ppl beig BI, as that would cause me to get ruffled and i dont want to at this time in the morning.

Anyway, it certainly seems that you would be the one getting carried out of the door in my local club, arms and legs by two bouncers @ 1am. (lesbian) as you said youve had to invent crushes just to get by.