1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meeting people online

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocketgirl1, May 26, 2012.

1. rocketgirl1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met a girl on a dating site, and we've been talk for almost to weeks . At first it really seemed like she wanted to meet up. We have both gotten to know each other.And I feel like we should meet up but she is always busy with work or she just makes other plans with her friends over meeting. We talk every day. Do you think it's to soon even though we have gotten to know each other kind of well. Or should I just move on to someone else ?

2. redstormrising

i did online dating for a while -- that's actually how i met my girlfriend -- and the unscientific rule of thumb i found was that if you didn't meet by around the 2-week mark, you weren't going to

3. Kenshin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    In my opinion, it's not too soon, though from what you're saying I have the impression she's using her friends and her job as an excuse. She might be prolonging the conversation to get to know you better, but she could also be a scammer. The best thing you can do is to follow your instincts. Best of luck. :slight_smile:

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

In my total honest opinion... Online dating can be somewhat hit and miss, with the majority of people either creating fake profiles, leading people on, scamming or only looking for a hook up. Despite that though these seem pretty common on free dating sites as opposed to paid ones, but even those can have the fake scam profile people.

All I would say it follow what you thinks best and just be aware that although she seems nice, she might just be scamming, etc etc.

Or

She might actually been genuine and as Kenshin said, she might just prolonging the conversation to learn more about you.

5. having met a lot of people online, i can say i wouldnt and havent met anyone within a two week period of speaking. personally i think its too rushed so i wait a month or two just to get to know them more. if they ask to meet sooner i say no.

i can see what the girl is doing, she seems like me.
    but just ask her what shes doing, does she want to get to know you more before meeting or does she not just want to meet you at all.

if you dont ask her, you wont know :slight_smile:

6. insidehappy

she is not busy, she is lying. she is just using this as an excuse. the fact is, that she is not ready to meet you yet. she may be scared. she may or may not be that interested in you, or she may just want you to pump the brakes a bit and wait for a month. who knows. you asked her out several times, she has declined or made up lame excuses. stop asking her out. you can still chat with her, but wait for her to ask you out and also keep your other options open. if she never does, then move on.