1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A weird realization that kind of makes me laugh :p

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, May 26, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    So I've noticed a lot of threads on EC (and I believe I posted one, but I'm too lazy to go look haha) about mixed signals and straight crushes. Now, and this actually makes me laugh, it isn't depressing, I don't get mixed signals from straight crushes (I had 1 straight crush and it screwed with my head enough that I decided I'd only go after someone if I KNEW they were into guys i.e. if they told me or were out), I get them from non-straight crushes. All except the one I have now, which has started to become more than a crush on both our ends. Any other guy I talked to would be a little flirty over FB or whatever, but whenever I'd ask if they wanted to "hang out" (those were always my exact words) I got silence, except from, like I said, this guy :3 and I know we both really care about each other.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're aggravated about straight crushes sending you mixed signals, or any crush doing that, make sure you don't do it yourself.

2. Keelin

I agree with you completely, but sometimes people can't help being attracted to straight people.

Also, BEEEEEEEEEEN <3

3. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I'm not necessarily referring to having a straight crush, but knowing the crush is straight and trying to turn the crush into a relationship i.e. ("I can turn him"). And you're right about Ben :3

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Good points. My first same-sex crush was gay, but that only added to the weirdness that followed my telling her that I liked her. It was clear that there was no possibility of a relationship, but she gave some very mixed signals about our friendship. (e.g. She seemed to be avoiding me much of the time, yet when I talked to her she would invite me to go hang out with her, only to cancel at the last minute because she was "busy"...and then reschedule for a later date.) In all fairness I have no idea what signals I was sending. I am always easily confused by social situations and emotions. I tried to lay out my expectations and explain my feelings, but I honestly have no idea what an outside observer would have thought.