1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally exhausted

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by brandyfan02, May 26, 2012.

1. brandyfan02

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met a guy I really like that I have a lot in common with that showed interest in me. Now, it was online, but that's just what I'm comfortable with right now. Anyway, we were flirting & everything, then all of a sudden, it feels like I'm the only one interested in the conversation & that I have to do everything short of beg to get him to talk back to me. What did I do?! Our conversation progressed from just pleasantries to subject matter that was a little deeper, but he seemed into it & we were both asking each other questions; it wasn't one-sided by any means. Then, it just switched to him not responding to my flirts & giving me one-line answers to my questions & that's it. I didn't want to take it too fast at first, which I think I have a tendency to do because I'm really sensitive & most guys seem to think some of the things I say are too serious, too fast, when really I don't think of them that way, but then, somewhat following his lead, I think I ended up getting too deep too fast... I just wish I could make him understand so that I don't scare him away, but I'm afraid the damage has already been done. What's so bad about being genuine & nice anyway? Ugh, I've been stressing about this all day & I'm emotionally exhausted at this point... I can't keep doing this to myself. Any advice about how I need to change my approach or how not to over-analyze this stuff so much? Thanks!

2. TheGreyMan

A common sign of attraction is being interested and then ignoring you.

He could actually be afraid he's scaring you.

3. It could be what TheGreyMan said, but most likely, he's either not interested in you anymore or he's interested, but something is wrong. What I mean by that last statement, is that maybe he's experiencing some personal problems. Even though I can't see their expressions, I tend to know when my online friends are feeling depressed or angry by their "tone" I guess you'd call it. If I were you, I'd probably let it be for a few days, and if he's still unresponsive, ask him about it in a tactful way. Maybe say "I've noticed your demeanor has changed lately, and you don't seem as talkative as usual. Is anything bothering you that you'd like to discuss?" If he says no, don't push it.