1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend in trouble...need advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lovewell92, May 26, 2012.

1. Lovewell92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok so im openly gay and proud ive never had a problem with it either people like me or they dont. now ive found the man i want to spend the rest of my life with but his parents are extremely religious they know he is gay and that he is in a relationship, but they dont know anything about me i want him to tell his parents but he is afraid they will kick him out id let him move in with me but im a former foster youth living in a transitional housing program which has specific rules about anyone living in the apt. besides me and my roommate. my question is this. is there support groups and more importantly someplace he can stay if he ends up getting kicked out?

2. TheGreyMan

Yes. There are shelters for runaways and those kicked out of the house. I'd try google to find some near your area.

3. Ianthe

Actually, if he's a legal adult, I don't know if there will be services for him. In services for homeless people, men often are pretty much last priority. There are a lot more services for women and kids.

Maybe you and he could work towards you being able to afford your own place, and then tell his parents once you have it.

4. dkny

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Maybe hold off on coming out until either (or both) of you are able to make a living on your own?. It's quite hard... I'm facing a similar issue. I love my family and my bf. I plan on not making any hasty decisions just yet... just thinking of the immediate and future consequences.

But I also suggest not pushing your boyfriend to come out to his parents until he feels as though his family can handle the initial talk.