1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BajanBoy13, May 27, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So Im pretty sure im gay but i have a sense of appreciation for women..I guess.Like there's no sexual attraction at all,but ill be like "she looks good.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Yep, it does happen. :slight_smile:

Out of curiosity on my part and given that you have mentioned "I'm pretty sure I'm gay" are you wondering whether your feelings could still shift or change?

3. BajanBoy13

Yeah sometimes and I dont want them to :frowning2:

4. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! The attractions and your feelings you are experiencing the can change over time. Sexual identities can be fluid, and as you go through life, they can shift. As you get older your current feelings and attractions will either crystallize or other feelings/attractions might become stronger. While it can be nerve wrecking and bring on stresses and anxiousness, if you still have some questions or doubts, that is okay.

It comes down to as to what your feelings tell you when you see another guy walking past you and/or what you fantasize about.

5. Lewis

I do that all of the time, I have a lot of respect and appreciation for attractive/strong women. No sexual attraction at all though. So you're not alone! :slight_smile:

6. BajanBoy13

Thanks thats good to know :slight_smile: Btw I love your signature :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I've definitely still had this problem before, occasionally still do but not with the same severity as in the past. Likewise, I don't really have any sexual interest in women but can admire their appearance. I believe the key is realizing, and appreciating, the fact that physical and sexual attraction are different things.

If you feel comfortable identifying as gay, there's no reason you can't enjoy admiring attractive women as well. To use an analogy I believe someone else used here, just because you find a painting or statue beautiful doesn't mean you want to sleep with it. :wink:

8. davidroberts

hey :slight_smile: its absolutely normal. it happens to me also. i do smtime comment on them too dat she looks gorgeous. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: its okay to have mixed feelings . later u cn decide and explore ur identity properly :slight_smile:

9. BajanBoy13

You mean like the first thing that pops into my mind? Thats how I really distinguished myself as gay. Plus I fantasied about only guys.

10. Cloudbreaker

This happens to me all the time. I can look at a girl and say "she's a smoking hot babe." And it used to confuse me because why should I think a girl is smoking hot if I'm gay? I eventually came to realize that despite their beauty, I still wasn't attracted to them. I had no desire for their body to be pressed up against mine, or anything like that. But it still confused me.

But you know what I realized? And it seemed overwhelmingly obvious after I realized it. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with being able to tell how beautiful someone is (in the purely superficial, visual sense of the term "beauty").

Consider this. Straight women give each other advice on how to dress more attractively all the time. How could they do this if they couldn't tell what makes a girl more attractive? I mean, a straight woman isn't attracted to women, so how the heck are they supposed to know how to make themselves look attractive? It is because knowing when someone is attractive and being attracted to them are two separate things.

Same goes for straight men. You think they couldn't look in a clothing catalog and point out which guys are more attractive than the others? Some may be uncomfortable doing that, but I would be willing to bet they could.

So if a guy is gay and sees a girl and thinks she is attractive, that just means they have an eye for beauty (again, in the purely superficial, visual sense of the term "beauty"). Knowing someone is attractive is not the same as being attracted to them. Just like he might be able to tell if a woman has a beautiful voice without developing feelings toward her, the same goes for visual beauty. To me, beautiful women are like beautiful works of art, and less like objects of my desires.

11. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Then you have nothing to worry about.... You seem to be pretty set in your sexual orientation and know where your physical attractions and feelings are. :slight_smile:

12. BajanBoy13

WOW,That clears up everything.Thanks A Million :slight_smile:

13. julia

Yes definitely, I can appreciate a good looking guy but I know I would never want to be with them sexually. Straight people do the same thing, I know tons of girls that think other girls are hot but are completely straight.

14. seeksanctuary

Happens all the time. I'm firmly gay, but some women really are just beautiful. Nothing wrong with appreciating beauty!

15. toms7

i used to get horny with girls but now i cant i like boys! its so sad when i have sex i am like a toy i cant control myself ! its my biggest weakness!!!also an other weakness but nvm ... :frowning2: