1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to know...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, May 27, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Another random but important thought.

I'm just wondering is it possible for family members to know your gay before you tell them and they just waiting for you to come to terms with it. If so, is there a way to tell they know. For example is there certain signs or things they might do.

Just wondering

2. TheGreyMan

Yes.

A lot of parents have always known there was something different about their child. Sometimes they know what it is, other times they can't put their finger on it. Even if you've gone out with girls but really are gay, sometimes they can just tell.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Must be a parent thing

4. TheGreyMan

Absolutely.

It's similar to what's called 'gaydar.'

5. SnowyWinters

You know what's funny? Neither of my parents know shit about me. I gave some obvious signs when I was little that I was maybe LGBT in some way, and they're so oblivious, it pisses me off! When I told my mom I liked guys, she nearly had a heart attack! Did not see it coming at all. And I think it permanently made her not like me as much. =( My dad is the same way but I ain't gonna tell him if I don't have to. My step-mom seems to be onto it... funny how the non-biological parent who I didn't meet until I was 9 seems to know more than my biological parents do.