1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A touchy subject

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, May 28, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right so I don't know if this subject has came up yet or not but I know it can be somewhat a controversial subject.

Quite a while go when I was starting to come round to idea of "Oh I actually might be gay" I considered experimenting. Now I didn't go through with anything as random stuff with a guy just seemed to be wrong. I would want to wait to share that experience with someone special ( I know soppy ). When I was looking to do something I went on some, let's say questionable sites, and was really tempted but never actually went through with it.

What I want to know is did any of you give in to the temptation to experiment or not? If you did then what was your experience and did you regret it or not?

2. King

King Guest

This is the only exception I've made to my "Don't Ever Mention It" rule.

When I was 16 I certainly did do some inappropriate things with 2 boys on 2 occasions. I lied about my age to one of them, and the other knew I was 16.
    We only did BJs and HJs on both occasions.
    I hugely regret both experiences, and spent over a year panicking every time I saw the one guy. Now, I'm better about it but nobody knows about it. And that was two years ago.
    I'm glad you didn't do anything.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thanks for sharing that.

With me it was a temptation and I really close to just going through with. I'm glad I didn't because I would have felt weird or panicked if I ever saw the guy I did stuff with.

4. King

King Guest

Tell me about it. The one guy is fine, I never saw him again. But the one found out where I work... Needless to say, he's shown up a few times.
    I strongly suggest to anybody who's reading this and wants to... DON'T.

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I second that. Its just too risky for many reasons

6. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like you, i was certainly tempted to hook up with someone just to experiment and see what it was like. I also checked out some "questionable" sites but could never bring myself to go through with it. I know loads of people do it, and that's fine if it's what you want, but it's just not for me. It may be soppy, but i'd definitely rather wait for the right person.

7. Ianthe

Beyond what you guys have already said about hooking up with random guys being problematic, it won't even necessarily help you figure out your sexuality.

A random hookup is likely to be a bad experience, even if you're gay. I mean, it would be with someone you don't have feelings for, and may not even be attracted to. You may feel like, "that was horrible! I must be straight!" even though you are actually gay.

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah good point. I guess it can make people question they sexuality further if they have a bad experience. I guess people just hope, like I used to, that it will solve all the confusion when actual fact it can make things 10 times worse

---------- Post added 28th May 2012 at 08:09 PM ----------

I been on some "questionable" sites and it really does pull you into a false sense of "if i do this then I will know".

But yeah I 'd rather wait, in my case, to come out and feel comfortable with someone before doing anything. It's an intimate experience, at least that's how I see it, so doing it with a random guy doesn't sound appealing.

9. Naren

I've only done something like that once and it scared the hell out me later. I was messing around with one guy a few years ago (back when I was a guy fully) and I regret it. It was spur of the moment, not a good decision.