1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, May 28, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right... So

I wanted to know about how you go meeting a guy if your not into the whole going out/partying scene. I'm only asking this as online seems like the best alternative but then there's the downside of a lot of weird people who are only looking for one thing.

I would want to find out how to meet a decent guy when I do eventually come out as I am not one going out partying and this seems like the way most people meet guys.

How did any of you meet that special someone? or if you haven't, how will you go about it

I know this is a bit of weird post and I'm not entirely sure as I've lost my train of thought to some extend. Guess I'm just curious and don't really know how to put it

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facebook has worked for a lot of people. Myspace used to work even better, as its search and browse functions were much better than Facebook.

Also, depending on where you are, there are often meet-up groups where they have game nights, pot lucks, hikes, and so forth specifically for gay people and those can be nice low-stress ways of meeting other gay guys because they're set up as friendship gatherings rather than the meat market atmosphere that most clubs and bars are.

It takes some patience but I think the focus should be first on finding gay friends and only then thinking about relationships.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. Finding gay friends first and then a relationship sounds like a good plan. Obviously before all that I should probably come out

4. BudderMC

I second this, networking is key! Who knows the LGBT community better than people involved in the LGBT community? All it takes is for one person to spread word of "I know this guy who's really cute and into ______, you should meet him :slight_smile:" and then you've got yourself some potential for a date!

Really though, it's the same way straight people meet people who aren't into partying: common activities, hobbies, friends-of-friends, etc. Though I vouch for it being the best way, networking is hard to do if you aren't out... :/

5. Naren

I don't have a plan, I want to get my operation first. Because hormones can change your sexual orientation (freaky :confused:) and all, so that comes first.