1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pretending to have something in common.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dc101, May 28, 2012.

1. dc101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not currently in this situation but I have previously found myself pretending to be interested in something that another guy was interested in just to spend more time with him. It failed big time but I did get to spend more time with him.

My question is has anyone else every done this and how well did it go?

2. my ex did this an awful lot, in the end we didnt work out because i saw that when we broke up his interests changed drastically overnight. its not really ever good to lie. a white lie here and there if youve seen a movie or something wont hurt anyone but generally, not advisable.

dont do it. just be yourself :slight_smile:

3. dc101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I did it a lot when I was a teenager just to hang around with the cute guys. It worked for a little while and they didn't seem to notice. I think it's when I got to the point of being bored talking about computers or football.

I don't do it now, if someone likes me it's for who I am.

4. BudderMC

I've kinda done it a little bit... I mean, we had a couple common interests, but I think I more voluntarily tried to get interested in things he was interested in just because he was :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't know if it went well really. I mean, we're still friends, and it's not like I was trying to get in his pants... I just thought he was a cool guy. A few of the things I'm still into, and others not so much, but even my interest for those has died somewhat. Probably because I haven't seen him in a couple years :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. dc101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree, I remember sitting up all night researching the latest computer chips just to have a conversation the next day with a cute guy. Seemed worth it at the time but don't think I'd do it now.