1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm getting desperate.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Koll, May 29, 2012.

1. Koll

Because this keeps happening.

(In a group chat)
    I wasn't even going for this guy. But it's nice knowing nobody seems to have an eye for me.

But bloody hell. I can't stand this anymore. I've leeched out all my peers, none of them know single gay boys.

I don't want to resort to a dating site but what if I have to? I live in such a tiny town and this gets depressing after a while.. :bang:

Sorry; just, I feel so crappy; What happens when you get like this? I'm either a friend or just 'not good enough'

2. JBH9405

Dating is definitely harder for gays at your age. Many people who are gay at 17 are either still in the closet or don't realize their own sexuality yet. Therefore, it may be more challenging to find suitable partners.

Do not give up hope. A lot of people (gay, bi, or straight) feel like you do. It may take time, and I'm sure you hate hearing this, but you're still young. Once you head into more into adulthood, distance yourself from the tiny town (mentally & physically) you will realize there are a ton of people who will be interested in you. Just because one person isn't interested in you, doesn't mean 10 more aren't dying to meet someone just like you. You just have to explore the world and find them.

3. Koll

I know it gets better :frowning2: Just damn man.. it hurts after a while.

I hate sleeping alone. I wish I never met my ex because I wouldn't be yearning for these feels. :icon_sad:

4. rainbowfox

hey believe me you are not alone in having those feeling, I've never been in a relationship, some times I get really blue because there is no one to embrace and love, but in these moments I just daydream about what great situations I'll be in (it makes me feel better) then i force my self to do some thing which needs real concentration :slight_smile: these two make me feel better :slight_smile:

5. SnowyWinters

I was 16 when I tried dating sites (I lied and said I was 18). Don't do it. Most guys can tell you're underage, even if you say you aren't. It's usually obvious in some way- maybe by your school schedule, the fact you don't have a license, car, job, etc. Not only that, the guys who are willing to go out with a minor are usually desparate guys who will go out with anything that moves. You deserve better. Just wait until you're 18 at least. And even then, be wary of using the internet.

6. BudderMC

I second everything JBH said.

And, it's not that he's not into you because you're not good enough, you just don't fit whatever he was looking for. It's the same as how I'm sure you could find a ton of guys on the street that don't fit what you're looking for, right? He said you're a nice guy and a bro, which is pretty good. Sounds like friendship potential, yes?

I don't know, just keep in mind that there's nothing wrong with someone not being into you. :slight_smile:

7. Koll

I don't even want to use the internet. That's the problem :frowning2: But I can't find anyone local..

Maybe in a couple weeks when I have a job again I'll meet someone in Kitchener.