1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well. Confused... again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, May 29, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right.

So for the past 2 years I've been struggling with the fact as to whether I am actually gay or bi or if it's just a phase. Now after finding this site, starting a few threads and finding a few things out I decided that yes, I am gay but just in denial and still sorta am... in a way.

However I recently wanted to come out to my gay friend on facebook, but I've got this nagging feeling that I'd regret it and I don't know why. I did come out to him once but then told him that I was wrong and that I'm not gay.

But now I'm even more confused as I was pretty as was gay but I don't want to come out cause, like I said, I've got this nagging feeling of regret.

Did anyone feel like this and know what this is?

2. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

Yea, I get that, I came out to my friends but then changed my mind, so I decided not to use labels and just say "I think/am interested in the same sex" and left it as that. Labels kinda suck cause it throws you in a box. Just say your actual feeling and if you want to elaborate then do so. Our friends will accept us as we are, confused and all lol.

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah labels do kinda suck as throw you into a category that you may not want to be in. It's just hard to explain and I mean when I first came out before deciding not to I said "I think I'm gay". Looking back I think I should have just stuck with "I think I like guys" or something like that.

Just drives me mad sometimes. I wish I could just settle with a decision

4. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

Sexuailty seems fluid for some people. Mine seems to change daily. As it stands right now I tell my friends I think I like both sexes because...and that's it. Maybe if your up for experimenting it will make things clearer.

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I've always found experimenting to be somewhat risky, especially some people who could take advantage. Despite the fact that I'm not overly confident and don't do the party scene, finding someone would be difficult anyways.

It's just one of those things I guess

6. BajanBoy13

I get that feeling aswell like maybe one day it'll change and ill be straight but I know that won't happen.It freaks me out...

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well my doubting keeps thinking that it might change one day which is why I'm hesitant on saying "Hey, I'm gay". Probably just stick to "I sorta like guys" then at least I'm not labelling myself

8. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

For me I'm more curious on the relationship aspect of being with a girl. Maybe you could start with that and see what happens...not just have sleep with someone, unless you want to which doesn't sound like you do.

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. Maybe more the relationship . But how to go about that brings whole new set of problems