1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ladies...how do you know?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TLW, May 29, 2012.

1. TLW

TLW

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I paged through the forums and this questions seems to come up a few times, with no real answers it. So I am going to try again. How do you know if girl is a lesbian or even bisexual or just bicurious! I find this really hard to figure out! For some reason, my so-call "gaydar" works pretty well with guys...but girls?!

Come on, EC, we have to be able to figure this out! :thumbsup:

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Inb4"ask her."

3. yeah, considering the only consistent thing about people who are gay or bisexual is that they are into the same sex, you can only tell if you ask of if they come right out and say it.

there are lots of stereotypes, but not all gay/bi people fit them. sometimes you get a 'vibe' off of someone that they're gay or bi, but that's not always right either and sometimes people who are gay/bi don't give off that 'vibe'.

So really, if they haven't said anything, you'll have to ask.

4. csocm

I'm the same way, pretty good with figuring out guys, but girls not so much. My guess is asking them. or you can just stalk them and see if they check out girls or guys. there are people that fit either stereotype, but more people dont and if they arent really out about it or they dont talk about it, then it can be really hard to figure it out.

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most people are really surprised once they find out that I'm a lesbian, which makes dating slightly difficult. However, if I find someone attractive, I approach them, compliment them, then ask them. And by the way, my gaydar is terrible, as well! If anything, have fun with it by keeping eye contact and smile, good luck =)

6. Naren

In my experience it's hard to tell because straight girls act lesbian more than actual lesbians.

7. Chimera

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I walk into a lesbian bar and some chick starts hitting on me then I'll suspect she's gay. *LOL* Sorry, I have horrible gaydar as well :wink: I find the best way is to pay attention to the conversation. Does she mention girlfriends, boyfriends, or ex's? If you bring up an LGBT topic, what is her reaction? What does her Facebook say? If you're old enough, you could ask if she goes out dancing/clubbing, and to which places.