1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RAF, May 29, 2012.

1. RAF

RAF Guest

Ok so here is my story, I am 25 years old and I have always considered my self to be 100% straight. I have had sex with over 20 girls and have messed around with hundreds. I have never had a gay thought in my entire life and one day having sex with my fiance I lost my erection and I asked my self what if I am gay and the thought has stuck with me for the past year. I have nothing against gays, I just cant see my self with another man. I enjoy laying down beside my fiance everynight and I love her with all my heart. I have a gay friend who I talked to about this and he said I was 100% straight, that if i wasnt I would have came onto him and would have known by now. I have a panic disorder and I worry about stuff all the time and I can't seem to shake this thought. I know in my heart I am straight and I am just wondering what yall think. I am not sexually attracted to men, I can tell when 1 is decent looking but nothing more than that. Can someone please help ease my mind a little? thanks

2. super confused

Losing an erection while having hetero-sex does NOT make you gay. Maybe you were just distracted momentarily, or it was a physical/hormonal reaction to something else entirely. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens often, in which case I would advise seeing a doctor. You can't just turn gay. You're either born gay, or you're not.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree, you cant become gay and loosing an erection certainly doesnt make you gay, if your not sexually attracted to guys that makes you straight end of story.

4. RAF

RAF Guest

then why am I even questioning myself? I am tired of dealing with it every day. I also left out that i was molested as a kid by my step brother. Would that have anything to do with it? I am just in a state of panic and my anxiety and panic attacks are really bad.

5. RAF

RAF Guest

????

Ok so here is my story, I am 25 years old and I have always considered my self to be 100% straight. I have had sex with over 20 girls and have messed around with hundreds. I have never had a gay thought in my entire life and one day having sex with my fiance I lost my erection and I asked my self what if I am gay and the thought has stuck with me for the past year. I have nothing against gays, I just cant see my self with another man. I enjoy laying down beside my fiance everynight and I love her with all my heart. I have a gay friend who I talked to about this and he said I was 100% straight, that if i wasnt I would have came onto him and would have known by now. I have a panic disorder and I worry about stuff all the time and I can't seem to shake this thought. I know in my heart I am straight and I am just wondering what yall think. I am not sexually attracted to men, I can tell when 1 is decent looking but nothing more than that. Can someone please help ease my mind a little? thanks

6. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: ????

If you've never been attracted to a man at any point in your life and the only reason you might think you were gay is because you lost your erection ONCE, then it is highly unlikely that you're gay or even bi.

7. BudderMC

Re: ????

There. That's all there is to it. If you stand by this statement, then yeah, you don't like guys. So that would make you straight.

The thing is though, is that how you really feel, or is that what you think you feel? We can't answer that, only you can.

As for your friend, he sounds really vain to be honest. Gay guys (like straight guys) have preferences, and it's quite possible if you did like guys he just might not be your type. So don't use that as any indication that you're gay or not.

Anyway, like I started with, if you're being completely honest in what you put, I'd say with my best guess that you're straight. But just remember that nobody can answer that but you. :slight_smile:

If you've got other concerns, feel free to stick around and ask... I'm sure someone can give some insight!

8. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Merging the two threads "Am I Gay?" and "???".