1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pointless ranting about my shitty life

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by UncertainHopes, May 29, 2012.

1. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why was I born? Im not good at ANYTHING!!!! Not sports, school, im ugly and skinny and i feel like i burden everyone i talk to i honestly wanna cut myself. My dad left me and my mom in poverty and hes out at strip clubs not giing us anyhing! I dont wanna aupress my feeling to everyone and pretending im happy cuz im the polar opposite.. Fuck why cant i just be hit by a mac truck and end this!

2. BudderMC

First off, take a breath. (*hug*)

Secondly, I'm sorry about all the crap that seems to be going on right now. I gotta ask though, did something happen recently? It just seems like you're really upset at the moment (which is fine), but I'm wondering if something triggered you to let those emotions out.

Thirdly, please please please don't self-harm. I'm sure other members who have been there can vouch for me when I say that it's not a smart idea, definitely something you'll regret, and really hard to stop once you start. It's just easier in every way to not start. Try your hardest to resist.

And finally, talk with us! It honestly makes you feel so much better to vent. Either post back here, or anonymously, or you're welcome to PM the advisors/staff, or even call a local hotline (KidsHelpPhone comes to mind...). Who knows, we might even be able to help! But yeah, don't keep everything all bottled up, okay?

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remember this -- you've made it this far, and you can go even farther. Just push yourself through this, because soon, it'll be a lot better. I can't tell you how, but it will. I know it's an overused phase, but it really is the truth: It gets better.

You don't have to sink to the level of cutting yourself. You have to stay strong, there's other ways to handle this. Punch or scream into a pillow. Take deep breaths. And most importantly, think of the positive things. There are people out there who still love you. Your mother, your best friends, and probably more, even if you don't know it. Remember that.

If you can, I suggest having a very serious conversation with your father about how he left you and you and your mother need his help. He needs to understand what he left you two with and how he's being super irresponsible. It's not much, but if you can contact your dad, it's your best bet, and it just might work.

And finally, again if you can and you're really feeling down, I suggest talking to a therapist, and telling them everything you posted here and whatever's on your mind. They'll probably be a lot of help to you and they'll help you pull through this whole mess that you're feeling, so you can feel happy and stable again.

And just remember, we're here for you. (*hug*)

Good luck. xx

4. Mogget

The urge to cut is very common among people your age, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It is, however, very important that you do not cut, as cutting can become an addictive and dangerous behavior. I recommend controlling that urge by grounding. Grounding is a process that pulls your attention from the thoughts and feelings in your head to the perceptions you're receiving from the five senses.

There are many ways to do this. Deep breathing is one, running your hands under cold water is another. Eating a food with a very strong flavor (pleasant or unpleasant) can also be effective. If the urge to cut is very strong, you can hold an ice cube directly to your skin. It hurts, but unless you hold it in one spot for a long time, it won't cause any damage.

5. UncertainHopes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And now because I was in the shower and my mom tried calling me , she flipped out and took my phone and is threatening to drop me off somewhere, im fucking through with this crazy ass woman yelling at me then me havin to bite my tongue and apologize. Why the fuck cant I just run away. If i only had a plan, I wouldnt think twice. I try so hard to be there for her and to be understanding BUT ALL SHE FUCKING DOES IS SCREAM CONSTaNTLY I CaNT FUCKIN HAVE A NORMAL LIFE WITH THIS BITCH.

6. BajanBoy13

I know how you feel, My dad is a drunk and he's and absolute dick! If it is really that bad with your mother now,do you have any family you could stay with for a few days? Just to let things cool off at home. I know its seems so shitty now but well...It does get better.Even if you have a close friend you can talk to,in person.