1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Choucho, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Choucho

Okay, so my dreams seem to like hate me recently.
    I've identified as gay for about two years no. No doubts, no problems. And then all of a sudden I start having sexual dreams about girls. >.< What the heck. I've never had one about a guy as far as I can remember, so it's really odd. I'm still completely sure I'm gay, but it's weird. About a month ago I had a conversation with a friend about how the dreams might be concerning my own gender. After that, the dreams went away. But now I just had one a couple days ago.
    Other than that, I keep having recurring dreams about getting eaten by a black bear. The situations are always weird, and I always avoid them for a while and even scare them off at first, but it ends the same way every time.
    -_-
    I think my brain is broken.

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, dreams are just dreams to me. I never look into them for any deeper meaning, mainly because mine make no logical sense. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Ty

Ty Guest

I've had a dream about a girl... it was urm... very pleasant lol.

I dunno why i had it, but for me, under normal (awake) circumstances i don't think i'd particularly like to have sex with a girl...

Is that like you?

4. Alex89

I just reckon dreams are dreams and don't think anything of them.

They are vomit from the creative part of your brain while the logic part sleeps. =D

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I am straight and one time I had a very erotic dream about a woman.

6. chrisb

Dreams are usually nothing, i mean they can be hidden desires but they never mean preferences, i had a very weird dream where i was in bed with my one of my best friends mom......it was very odd, i'm a 100% sure im not atracted to women let alone women who are near 60 LOL

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

They say to never take anything from a dream literally. It's good advice. It's better to follow the emotions that you feel in your dream than the events themselves. It's not what's in your dream so much as it's what's significant about what's in your dream. For example, if you are having sexual dreams about girls, your brain may be telling you that you would enjoy yourself more if you tried new things. (Not necessarily girls, mind you.) Or it could be telling you that you are in a personal situation that is different from what you really want. Only you can figure it out for sure.

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dreams are insight to what your mind is truly feeling. I am not saying you may be strait or bi, but the fact you live around heterosexuals causes your brain to think such thoughts. That's what i believe.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think dreams can have some meaning sometimes. I wouldn't go as far as analyzing every dream I've ever had but some just seem to mean alot more. For instance, I always really treasure the dreams that my grandmothers (who are departed now) are in. I've heard and read many times that are departed loved ones visit us in our dreams. Who knows but I always enjoy them and feel good in the morning that they were there.

10. membrain

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally think that dreams can sometimes have insight into our problems, fears, desires etc. But, they can also just be the effects of our brain processing information that it has received during the day. So it's very possible you could have just watched a movie with an erotic scene involving a girl and that translated into you having a dream of that nature.

For myself, even though I'm generally slightly more attracted to men than women, I have never had a sexual dream involving a man, only women. So from my perspective, it probably means nothing, just your brain being goofy. :icon_wink

11. smartguy

interesting
    ive had several dreams about myself being with other guys
    ive also had a dream with a girl (nothing too sexual)

the difference was the mood and how i felt after
    i definitely enjoyed the guy dreams more

12. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

dreams can be very ackward and scary sometimes,just brush them off as nothing

13. Alex89

I rarely ever dream. If you don't dream, it's you've had a more restful (deeper) sleep.

Interesting fact - the world record for the longest recorded dream (time of rapid eye movement) is 4 hours. That's about the equivalent of dreaming 3 whole months of your life with the speed your brain works at!

Talk about a letdown when you wake up and realize all that time never happened, and you've got to do it again. XD

14. Choucho

That happens to me sometimes, I wake up and wish I could just crawl back into my dream...
    I can't say I have that feeling with these particular dreams, though.
    I also have dreams where I remember other dreams, but I don't remember the dreams when I'm awake. I've even had the same dream months after I had it the first time.
    Dreams certainly are interesting things.
    Thank you everyone for your input.

15. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Wow..i have dreams everyday >< some are totally wierd...some r hot lol..but yeah...weird dreams

16. acorn7

I wouldn't think too much of it... Dreams are dreams :wink: I've had *very* enjoyable dreams of kissing girls before... but also even more enjoyable dreams of, um, dirty stuff with guys. What's great with a dream is that you think in your dream that it's reality... Sigh...

17. Choucho

I once had a dream where I was walking a dog, and a car came a long, and the dog jumped on the hood, and then on the roof, and then jumped off. And this is a 5 foot 200 pound dog. Oh well, let's see what kind of dreams I have tonight. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Stewie_r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That also happens to me, I think I don't dream or just never remember the dreams. I like die every night and then revive in the morning.

19. Psychedelic Bookmarks

sometimes dreams are just your mind playing around with thoughts in your head, like writing a story. it doesn't necessarily mean you want what you've been dreaming about, it's just you're playing around thinking about things. i've had dreams about sex with all sorts of wierd people! :wink: the best way to think about them, i find, is like you've just read a story.