1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomorrow. I'm try something

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, May 30, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Right

Tomorrow I'm gonna try something that I've read on a couple of different threads on here. What it is, is to for the next three days put yourself in the mind set that your gay like "I'm gay" then after those three days reverse it and see which feels better.

Knowing me I'll probably end back to square one.

2. Nykoru

Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thanks. Here's hoping it helps in some way

4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :grin: Good luck ^^

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

thanks. whether it works is another thing

6. Lewis

Good luck!

It must be hard not knowing whether you're gay or not. What is it that makes you doubt your sexuality? Like, I've denied my sexuality and ignored it, but I was always certain that I was gay deep-down.

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Don't know really. I've just got this nagging feeling of doubt in my mind sort of like "What if I come out too soon or realize I'm not gay" even though I know I like guys.

I think there's a really, really fine line with questioning a person sexuality that it gets really frustrating at times.

8. Vanille

Good luck Gazza :slight_smile: I hope it really does help you. I understand what you mean with the questioning thing, that's how it was for me. But when I think about it..I never really liked guys much, I can tell a good looking face but I don't know what you're supposed to look for to find a man attractive, but it's different with girls. I just..know. And the fact that I haven't had feelings for a guy like I have a girl. Don't know why I didn't think that was an indicator before. :confused: Denial has been f-ing with my head for a while now. But in all honesty, since joining this site, I've had more clarity about who I am than I've had in years. In terms of handling my sexuality, my mind has been more at ease in the month I've been here than it has since I've started questioning and feeling sad about what my family and friends will think of me when I tell them about my sexuality. That's why I love this place :icon_bigg

I wish the best for you Gazza!

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck!! I know that when I did this it really helped me.

10. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well I hope its gonna help me. I hope...

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I don't want to ruin your enthusiasm for your plans, but having read through some of your other threads in which you have talked about doubts and 'odd feelings' I am wondering if it might not be better for you not to label yourself at this point and really take your time in figuring things out.

By reading some of your threads, I get the sense that (and I might be wrong) you are trying to come to a conclusion on your sexual identity as soon as possible. In some ways, some of the things you are trying to do might create more stress than is really necessary. Being gay is far more than a mind set.

If you do try it out, good luck.

12. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yeah. Good point... I guess I'm probably looking for a simple answer to a difficult decision although talking on here has made it clearer in my head. I guess with all the threads I've been posting I;m just trying to cover every basis and maybe thinking about it too much.

I'll see how it goes

13. Ianthe

When I was in my confused stage, I was totally obsessed. I seriously thought about my sexuality pretty much all day, every day, for a year or more. I would relive this crush I had on a girl in high school over and over again, and spend every spare moment searching for lesbian stuff on the Internet.

When it's taken over your mind so that you can't think about anything else anymore, it can be really exhausting, and start to interfere with your life.

For me, this obsession was a way of preparing myself to consciously recognize what my unconscious mind already knew.

Your sexuality is part of you, and somewhere inside, you already know what it is. I think that the way you are focused on it indicates that you are nearly ready to let yourself know the truth consciously.

I think this experiment is a really good idea, because I think it will be very helpful to you to give yourself permission to be gay. (I suspect you have actually "tried out" being straight already, probably for a lot more than three days, but feel free to give it another shot.)