1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Just Tell Him? :|

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by standtall00, May 30, 2012.

1. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys :slight_smile: I have a question...WEEEELLL, I'm moving to another city 4 hours away..and I had a crazy thought of telling my 1st semester crush (of this year) my feelings I had for him. I mean I'll never see him again...and I'll do it in a Facebook message so I never have to see him in person :slight_smile: I want to do it because it feels like something that was left undone. I don't have feelings for him..so should I tell him? It's been bothering me lately :|

:eusa_eh:

2. BudderMC

Normally my response to "should I tell my crush I like him/her" is "what happens if it goes wrong?", but it's different this time.

What happens if it goes well? If he decides he likes you back? Do you go for a long-term relationship?

A lot of this depends on how close you were before, if you're friends it's a little awkward to say "I LIKE YOU" and then peace out, IMO. Even for a stranger that's awkward... but more understandable. Also this was 1st semester, so presumably another semester has gone by. Have you seen him since then? If it's like my semesters here, then it's been a good 4 months...

Let me lay out this scenario: "Hey (guy), I haven't seen you in 4 months, and you don't know me really, but I thought I should tell you that I used to really like you, but now I don't anymore. Um... so yeah. That's it. Bye!"

If you don't like him and you have nothing to gain from it, I'd say it's time to let it go.

#2 BudderMC, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  3. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Well we saw each other in the halls. And a semester here is...5 months? We weren't really friends..nor strangers. It's just I want to tell him that I USED TO like him. Just to get it off my chest. And I want to gain experience for more situations related to this later in life.

4. insidehappy

no, there is no need to tell him this. you no longer like him, you are not sure he was gay, you are not going to be living there anymore. what really is the point. if you need to get it off your chest, you can get it off your chest to yourself. it would be different if you want to date him and you're still in the same area. you're not. if someone told me that and i was straight and i wasn't really friends with them, i would be like, "um ok". if i was gay and i liked them, it's a moot point because they are no longer there and i would be pissed they are just telling me this now when they are leaving especially if they do not like me anymore. the fact is you still do like him, you're obsessing about him, and you're hoping that he sends you a message that somehow indicates he liked you too. if you didn't care anymore, there would be no need to message him.