1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I have a date tonight! First serious potential girlfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolfgirl90, May 30, 2012.

1. Wolfgirl90

Hi, so I'm really giddy and trying to keep my head clear and not on cloud 9. I've met this amazing girl and I'm extremely excited about that. I'm 22 years old and she's 23 and we live pretty close to one another. We decided to meet up for coffee last night, and we just talked for hours and hours... We had been messaging each other online for a few days now, and our conversations were just so full we'd talk for over 5hrs straight at a time.
    I really like this girl.
    I know I'm probably infatuated and I can't think logically at the moment so I desperately need outside opinions. But I"m trying to go with the flow at the same time. I'm intimidated because she's had more than one girlfriend before, and is very experienced, but I've never had one. I've never even kissed a girl, but I have a very strong feeling that's going to happen tonight, with her.

*insert rant about how she and I just 'click' naturally*

... I'm not normally this 'crazy'. I'm usually very level headed, calm, and collected. I'm extremely overwhelmed at feeling this way. I'm so nervous about the idea of kissing her...She's really beautiful, and her personality is incredible. I've felt so nervous that I couldn't sleep at all last night and I was kind of sick this morning with anxiety. It was "happy" anxiety? But still..

Do you guys have any advice? I'm scared to rush into this relationship. It's my first one. I don't know what to expect, what's moving "too fast" and if it's 'normal' to feel this emotionally in tune with someone so freaking quickly. The pace scares me. We almost kissed last night, but we didn't because she wants to take this slower because she knows she's my first...

....I feel like I'm losing it. Sorry guys! >_< Help?

#1 Wolfgirl90, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. Waffles

Take a deep breath, girl~! Everything is going to be alright!
    I understand that you have the butterflies in your stomach, and it's okay to be nervous.
    All you need to do is just BE YOURSELF.
    Don't let the idea of her being a potential girlfriend scare you senseless. D:
    And who knows? Maybe she's just as nervous as you are.
    Maybe you guys will get together. Just whatever you do tonight, do NOT ponder on these "what if" thoughts, because you'll get distracted and they will deprive you from enjoying yourself.

Sorry if this is a jumble of words. ( ^_^);
    Just stay strong, girl! *hug*
    And good luck!

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I myself have also never kissed a guy but my attitude towards my first potential kiss is "just wait for him to kiss me first then base my actions based on what he did." That way I can sort of respond to the kiss in the same way that my future guy initiated, so it will generally be a lot easier as opposed to initiating yourself and end up putting their whole head in your mouth.

Just try to remember that she is no more important than you, you are both equals and there is no need to feel intimidated, try and take things slow and relax and just act as if you two are hanging out, talking etc. If she kisses you then what happens happens :slight_smile:

All the best.

4. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're one step ahead of me on the date department, though I've had my first (French) kiss and first relationship (though it wasn't sexual).

It's really nothing to worry about. Honestly. It comes naturally, no matter who initiates it. Once you're in each other's arms and your lips touch, all of your fears and nervousness will vanish. Depending on your overall personality, you might feel a bit shy or awkward straight after the kiss, but it usually helps to have a nice soft giggle and compliment her on her kissing, or just hold her for a little while. If you're worried about the sexual part of a relationship, all I can say is this: Everybody had to have their first time. Even the ones who are already more experienced than you. When the time is right and you are both ready to take it further, then things will fall into place on their own, just like they do in a heterosexual relationship.

Don't feel pressured in any way to rush things and don't feel obliged to do anything you're not yet comfortable with. Take it one day at a time and just enjoy it for what it is. Once that magic is there, it only grows stronger and as the two of you become closer, and your feelings for each other grow, so will your confidence.

Why don't you try doing some fun things together? Find out what she enjoys doing in her spare time, maybe go ten pin bowling, play mini golf, whatever. Just do something together that will get both of you laughing a few times, and that is the best time to steal the first kiss. You'll know when "the moment" arrives... :thumbsup: