1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find someone.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by theatergeek101, May 31, 2012.

1. theatergeek101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm 17 and really my question is is how to find the right person for u? I mean I'm in the closet and I have a gf but she is walking away from me. Id sacrifice anything for her and she won't. Also I feel that I really am gay. But if I want a guy he can't be feminine and dress like a girl. A normal guy. No offense. I'm not really feminine but I do connect well with girls and people in general. Ugh I feel so hopeless.

2. gleekfanatic

gleekfanatic Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First of all, welcome to Empty Closets! Second, this site is a forum for the LGBTQ community to just be themselves here. This site isn't supposed to be used as a dating website, as everyone here is anonymous, as anonymous as you can be...
    To answer your question, the right person will come along at the right time, just focus on yourself right now. As for your gf, how is she "walking away from you"?

3. Jim1454

I'm not sure I understand what you meant about your girlfriend either. But maybe I do. You can really care for someone of the opposite sex even if you're gay. I was married for 9 years to a wonderful woman before I finally accepted that I was gay. I love her still to this day, but not in the way that I love my husband.

You're still fairly young, and if you're in the closet, it's going to be tough for you to find that special someone. But that's OK. Life isn't a race. You'll eventually get comfortable with who you are and you'll come out as gay, and you'll be able to meet other gay men as you journey through life. And some of them will be relationship material, and a subset of them will think the same thing about you, and those are the guys you'll date.

Patience is required. But it will all work out in time.

4. rainbowfox

^this and a big hug (*hug*)
    give your self some time and space :slight_smile: visit EC as much as you like :slight_smile: we are all here to support each other in finding ourselves :slight_smile: (&&&)

5. theatergeek101

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you. But I don't know how people would take it. Especially my family... My sisters ok. My mother ok. My stepdad will be a dick. My dad will be idk. My grandparents will dicks. My step grandparents and cousins and aunts...idk but I'm scared.

6. nycbiguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    don't worry guy. you'll be alright. just do what feels right for you. i know its tough at your age, but dont let your friends pressure you about anything too much. half of those clowns wont be your friends in 5 years anyway haha

Don't let people pressure you, gay or straight. If you want to stay closeted - stay closeted. Just make sure you delete your web history, your text messages and all that other shit. haha It's not as much of a burden as out gay guys try to make it out to be if. That's up to you. It only gets harder if you get into long term/serious relationships with girls bc then you don't have the luxury of just dippin off for hours. Plus that's fucked up to her. My advice to you, play with both guys and girls just don't get serious.

We live in the age of the internet...You'll find a dl situation if that's what you want. There are tons of masculine straight looking/acting guys but its just a little harder to find since you obviously don't know they're into dudes. I found my guy on cl and it worked. Just be real careful and always protect yourself if you ever go that route. Have fun but and stay safe kid. Always remember that.

Anyway, you should be having the time of your life right now bro. Don't get too wrapped up in this bullshit because at the end of the day you're the only one thinking about this. Remember, when everyone goes home to their everyday, family personal bullshit, the last thing they're thinking about is who you're thinking about. Trust me, it's not that serious. Try not to visit this site too much b/c I swear it can be pretty negative and rub off on you. I feel like in a way visiting this site caused me anxiety that I never had before. It exposes you to too much before you're ready....but i digress. lol dont kick me off admins just saying how i feel!!!

#6 nycbiguy, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012