1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ilayis, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

I just recently moved back in with my step-mother,after my mother told me to leave her house for the sake of my safety and freedom.

I hate living here! My step-mom lies to me about job opportunities and goes behind my back to talk trash about me when I help her.I buy things for the house keep it as clean as I can. Sometimes,I wonder if she doesn't relay messages to me from her phone for possible jobs that I can have. She treats me like crap and is very unappreciative!

I wouldn't be here if my mother wasn't having trouble.She and her boyfriend I believe are ending their relationship. She said one more strike and he's out. I told her,wouldn't she be out since it's his house,but she keeps saying he's out and that confuses me.

Everyone tells me to get out and find a job.I look and have experience for most places that I apply,but I don't know if they call or not,since I'm currently using my step-moms cellphone,that she always has on her,so I'm not near it to even know if their calling or not.Plus,I only have so much money so I have to preserve my gas as best I can.

The bills are racking up,so I have to pay those first,before I can even get my own phone.
    With the $50.00 a week work that I do,those bills are going to take a little time to pay off,so that phone also has to wait,which makes it worse for my job hunting.

Nobody likes me sitting around their house,so even if I could live somewhere that has a homephone that I could definitely get my work calls on,they want me to be away from it,which also confuses me.Do you want me to get a job,or be away from the only thing that will help me get it? Plus they live miles away from all those possible jobs and my own.As I said before I only have so much gas to spare.

I cried myself to sleep last night just thinking about all this.
    I kept thinking,I don't want to live like this,and kept thinking about the pills I threw out last night,and wondering if I should use them to take away my pain.I started wondering if I should just go to the E-Ward,to straiten myself out,but then I would miss my job,and I get to thinking about all the bills I owe and all the job opportunities I could be missing out on if I do go.
    I'm very weak,fragile,and extremely sensitive,so I can only handle so much before cracking under the pressure!:icon_sad:

So the question here is-Do I worry about myself first,or the job,the bills,and my family problems?
    Thanks for even reading
    Ilayis

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ilayis...........first you don't have to wait for a phone call from potential employers. Go back everyday and ask them! They will know you are interested this way. You need to get a job ASAP. I would focus on that first. Then you can break down your bills into what needs to be paid first and put a little aside each month to get your own place or move in with some friends. We all feel overwhelmed when we think about ALL our problems at once. Try breaking it down and finding solutions one at a time. Good luck!

3. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Ii think you should tell the employers your phone isnt available at the time and they should email you. Is there anyway to make quikcash? And um...i think hapiness comes first also so...maybe a therapy group could help?

4. Alex89

For the employment, a lot of places prefer emailing so I'd recommend for any other places your submit your CV / Resume, on your resume state that email is the preferable communication option.

5. lostinthought9

ummm, i know this really doesnt help much, but when i started applying for my job, it took about 3 months before i got one, so it may take a while,so you gotta have some patience, but once you're sure you want that specific job, you HAVE to practically bug the hell outta them! Lol! that's what i did! and about your step-mother, why don't you talk to her? ask her why she does the things she does.....idk if my advice helps or not....good luck though!

6. Louise

E-mails for the replies are good or as Becky says pop in a few days after the interview and ask.

In the mean time can you not go out canvasing jobs? I don't know where you live but you can knock on doors and ask people if they need their windows/cars/houses cleaning, you could offer to walk dogs, do shopping, I don't know but with a bit of imagination you can always find something to bring in a bit of money whilst you find a real job.

Don't give up, life does get better. Break down your problems and deal with them one at a time, don't try to deal with them all at once I would say;
    First worry about yourself and your emotional needs, if you feel happy and good about yourself you will have more chance of finding a job because you will have a positive attitude.
    Secondly worry about the job take anything and everything that is on offer
    Thirdly once you have a job or even while you are waiting try to work out a payment plan with the people you owe money to. Work out the minimum you need to live on (food and gaz for example) and how much you could possibly pay back and to whom. Start with your biggest creditors, go and see them talk to them openly about your financial situation and work something out so they don't just thing that you are deliberately ignoring them, this always makes people mad.

You did the right thing throwing away the pills, they are NEVER the answer, hold on in there and take one step at a time. Would you not be elegible for low rent housing? or other governement aids? It might not be much but at least you wouldn't be beholden to your step mum.

Good luck(*hug*)

#6 Louise, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008