1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older Girls and Women

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, May 31, 2012.

1. Jordash

Okay so I didn't really know where to put this, but I thought because I needed advice, this is the best place for it....

Anyways, I seem to only be attracted to older girls, like 11th 12th graders and women, like high school/college graduates.
    For a 15 year old, I'm pretty mature. I mean I have my childish days, but who doesn't, right? :slight_smile:

So I was just wondering if this is a weird fetish or something? I mean, I've felt attraction to like 2 girls in my grade, but thats it. But in the older grades and when I'm walking around town I just see so many attractive girls! Mainly thanks to the art studio located directly behind my house, it really seems to attract the lesbians. :slight_smile: Not that I'm complaining.

So is this odd? Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. thereshewas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If it is odd (which I don't think it is), you're certainly not alone! Of the few people that I've had significant, lasting crushes on, they ranged in age from about three years older than me to probably 25 or so years older (the latter might be a bit on the odd side).

In terms of societal perception, there are certainly types of couples who can be considered "odd" (woman/woman, older/younger, black/white, etc.), but I don't think that makes the attraction felt by the individuals in that couple "odd," so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Societal perceptions change over time. You like who you like, and if you end up with someone who likes you too, and you both are able to handle any push-back from society that you might receive for having a mutual, consensual relationship that society deems "odd," go for it! That being said, at 15, you might consider not dating more than a few grades above you... even if you are the most mature 15-year-old on the planet, you are still 15, which probably puts you at a pretty different place in your life (mentally, in what you're looking for in a relationship, etc.) than people significantly older than you. Just something to consider.

Know that if your attractions are odd, I'm right there with you :slight_smile:

3. Deaf Not Blind

well, the girl and all the guys who are attracted to me are in their twenties except about 2, one is 3 years older than me and the other is in early 30s. i am now just in 40s! if you can see my wall pix you tell me why they are attracted to me. go figure!

so you must be normal! haha!

4. Bree

The person I fell for when I was 15 was nine years older than me- now, I'm looking at people in their thirties and forties. I'm not the least bit attracted to anyone my own age- I can like them, and be close to them, but anything sexual is a turn-off. I don't know, is it odd?

HOWEVER: I searched New York's age of consent, and it says 17. Is that accurate? This means that if you have any sexual contact with anyone older than you, they could go to prison. It doesn't matter if you wanted it- all it takes is someone who doesn't agree with what you're doing to turn you in. That means you're stuck until you turn 17, or else you're risking your partners' freedom.

5. Mellifluous

Mellifluous Guest

It can't be that weird, considering how they aren't a lot older than you.

I tend to be attracted to people at least two years older than me, although there are exceptions, to around fifteen years older. Mostly females, although there is the occasional dude.