1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have an issue with somebody

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by andrewshell11, May 31, 2012.

1. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok.. so there is this guy in my school that I have talked to for a while. It started 2 summers ago. I started talking to him in a romantic way... It went all good and then I was just like.. no I can't do this anymore. So I stopped talking to them and he went and told the worst person ever about it... I am not open about my sexuality AT ALL.. so he told that guy and he told possibly 2 people. Then the next summer I started talking again, knowing that it could end up worse this time with people knowing.. which I hoped wouldn't. This time it lasted a bit longer. THen I got annoyed with him and stuff again.. So he told more people about it... Quite a few this time. They came and told me about it.. I told them it wasn't true and they ALL believed me. That was months ago.. It was all going perfect.. never heard a word about anything. School is over again.. It ended yesterday.. and I started again briefly... I started just briefly talking to him and stuff.. then I thought about all he had done in the past and didn't want to start ANY of it again... so a second ago via text I told him I couldn't do this again.. I am afraid he is going to start again... What should I do? I don't think I like him that much. I think I like the fact that I know this person is gay and that I know he likes me and wants to be with me.. I have never had that before.. so I think I like feeling I get when I know somebody likes me and is always wanting to take me back... what do I do to make this all go away?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He's an abuser who is trying to use homophobia to his advantage by outing you whenever you break things off. I would advise you to keep things broken off.

3. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Pret Allez. Just leave it alone- don't talk to him.

4. rainbowfox

Pret Allez and Mej7 are right, don't talk to him, even if he texted you don't answer.

5. seeksanctuary

Honestly?

STOP TALKING TO HIM!

While it is horrible to out anyone, I do think you are the one with the problem here. You know he is gay, you know he likes you, yet you are the one who keeps initiating contact, getting annoyed with him and breaking it off! What he did is not cool at all, but what you're doing isn't cool, either.

Move on. Find someone else that YOU like, and who likes you.

6. katsuma37

^ This! So much this. Leading him on is really cruel. He has no right to out you and shouldn't ever do that, but it definitely seems like you're the one provoking him. Take control and stop talking to him!