1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Menaki-Neko, May 31, 2012.

1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Hi everybody, I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I would like to share this with you. Not to long ago, I came to the conclusion that I am a female rather than the male I was born with. Lately, I have been thinking about coming out to my mother about my gender, and then gradually other people whom it may concern. I have been trying to come out to her for over a week now, and yet I still haven't done it. It's been frustrating me so; I wish that she just knew.

I find myself dressing like a woman more and more often when I'm home by myself, and It has mad me feel much more confident to be a girl. But this problem still exists: I must tell my mother in order to be who I want. I have absolutely no idea how to bring it up at all, and :tears: and it just keeps frustrating me even more. :bang:

2. Atticus

While I am in your reverse situation, I feel like maybe I could give you a few suggestions. I have not told my mother yet. I've told my uncle, though, and he was so cool. Basically I just asked him if we could get coffee together. This gives you a place where no one can be too loud, something to do with your hands, and I find that people are more relaxed when they can eat or drink something. You might want to wait until your mom is in a great mood. If she is an understanding person, this won't ruin her day. Be upfront about it. Just sit down with her (or stand if that makes you more comfortable) and take a deep breath. You might want to write a letter instead. Or send her a text message, an email, make a powerpoint. I believe that if you make it a big deal, your mother will think it is a big deal (and while it is important, you don't want to make it out to be a freaking out sort of big deal, if that makes sense). Add some humor. Smile. Tell her that you love her and that this makes you happy. That's the most important thing to remember.

3. Deaf Not Blind

idk. :/
    i know guys talk while doin stuff, but girls are different.
    if i think of anything ill let you know.
    i aint told my mom.

4. seeksanctuary

I suggest not coming out in a VERY public place, just in case she makes a scene of it...

I had to come out as FTM -and- as gay, so I feel your pain! I have anxiety issues so what I did was write a letter and then give it to her. I recommend it, as it gives you time to think of what you want to say, and say it in a calm, composed manner. It gives them time to digest what it says and THEN respond.

Good luck.