1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like coming out as revenge?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BajanBoy13, May 31, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So yeah sometimes I just feel like coming out to my father just because I know it would piss him off.Is this productive or will it probably backfire and be more harm than good? Its just that he being all stupid and saying all this shit about me,and I know its really him because he only says it when hes drunk. Not this gentle old man hell no!Yeah total father problems :frowning2:

(btw im not out to him but he knows..somehow)

2. Not saying that you shouldn't come out to your dad, but what is it that you hope would happen if you did come out to him just to piss him off? What possible good result could you get from that? Do you think that coming out as gay (and doing so specifically because you know that it will make him mad) will make him ease up on you?

Most certainly you do not want to do this if you are dependent on him. I don't know your situation, but you say you're fourteen, so I'm assuming you live with one or both of your parents. If that is the case, I wouldn't do this...

In short, I guess: No, I don't think it's productive to come out to him in spite. I do think that there will probably come a time when you want to come out to him, but I don't know if a revenge mission is really where you want to go with that.

3. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it'd backfire. Tell him when the time is right and preferable when you aren't fighting.

4. BajanBoy13

Thanks,Got kinda carried away there...He's just such an arrogant asshole,Its like I have to conform to him.I want to be the exact opposite of him.

5. Deaf Not Blind

well, be careful. try to find a way to forgive and love him. why? cuz you often become exactly like the people you hate the most. want to be the opposite? great! show him love and understanding that he can't possible do back...and wow what a real man you will be!

6. rainbowfox

well, coming out when you are angry is not a good idea, it will only make everything harsh. you are 14 and presumably financially dependent on him, so i suggest not to come out to make him angry, because it can have ugly consequences.
    another thing to add, I know what dose having problem with parents mean, but taking revenge (especially by coming out) is not good.
    give yourself some time and space, time will solve almost every thing :slight_smile:

7. Mr.Pushover

I'm sorry but this isn't a drama movie where you can do that. This is life and to keep your dad having a good relationship with you, you should tell him this in a better way than revengeful. Sorry to sound blunt, but at the same time you should understand what doing this will mean in the future.

8. BajanBoy13

I wouldn't say our relationship is 'good.'But I see your point.