1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips on getting over a break-up?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SuperStar, May 31, 2012.

1. SuperStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HI, I've broken-up with my on-and-off boyfriend of 6 months. This is the 4th time we've broken up and I really don't want to go back this time. I need help moving on and getting over him. I've started working out - it's supposed to make me feel happy, energized and stress free and it's been working well so far. Not to mention I'm already seeing results in my body. Are there any other tips you would suggest? If it helps, I care WAY too much and forgive WAY too fast. I'm happy with myself but I can't help but to feel bad for hurting him. What do I do?

2. Deaf Not Blind

gosh if you were a girl or i was and you were straight, i would date you! i am the same way dude. i had a breakup and my heart hurt bad. but all she had to do was flirt a little and the flame rekindled. i hated that! she really was using me. she has plenty of history destroying peeps.
    sounds like you wish things would magically get perfect, maybe find some things cute and get turned back on, or it was maybe your first love?
    we both must move on.
    let's try to help each other with motivation, encouragement, and good ideas, ok? :slight_smile:
    i think it is beautiful to be slow to grow angry and forgive fast. yeah caring sucks, we wear our hearts so obviously on our sleeve that mean people have no problem finding it to stab. but i met those who grew cold to protect their hearts, and MAN IM TELLING YA, don't let yourself do it! they are sex-only, not love peeps.

i thought about the working out thing, got so much dysphoria i been not doing much of anything. any specific things in your routine you recommend? i know a lot about aerobic fitness and weight lifting properly, i was the only "female" to ace it in college, and so the army tried to recruit me! haha! ( sorry, I'm not the killing type.)

Dude, i think at this point you and i both know you are hurting him more for on and off again romance, so you are being more compassionate to remove yourself from his life so he can move on too. that is hard but really caring. :slight_smile:

actually i do have an idea for getting some peace. you walk much? maybe walk in a safe park trail...have plenty of liquid and good shoes on, and walk slowly, look at the little things under your feet and hidden in the brush...take a camera and pictures. bring a snack, sit on a rock at a breathtaking point, breathe in the clean air, look at the creation before you and enjoy each bite of good food. then go home and take a nap.

peace.

3. rainbowfox

well, I think these would help:
    1) being concentrated on something you like can really help.
    2) starting something new, a new language or music class :slight_smile:
    3) hanging out with friends, making new friends, experiencing new environments
    4) do something for yourself (this always works for me :slight_smile: ) get a good hair cut or buy some cloths :slight_smile:

and now about feeling bad for him, being on and off in a relationship had hurt bought of you, now when you ended it any effort for fixing any connection (friendship or anything else) right now, that memory of the relationship is still fresh, will only heart bout of you, so just give him and yourself some time and space :slight_smile: