1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning and stressed

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JustMeForNow, Jun 1, 2012.

1. JustMeForNow

Hello, I'm new here and finally gained to enough confidence to ask for advice. Lately I have questioning my sexuality more than usual. I feel like I can have emotional connections to both genders, but it's stronger with the thought of a women. And, I can't deni anymore that I find most women more atractive then men; but somehow, I'm still not really sure wheter I'm lesbian, bi, or just confused. My freinds know all this and support me (I even have one going through going a different type of questioning), but I want to know and be open to them about it. I allso don't want to say something and have to take it back later. Not knowing is eating at my brain and I don't think it taste that good!

2. DefineNormal

DefineNormal Guest

Hey, welcome to EC :grin:

Firstly, you have to remember that sexuality isn't even remotely binary, so you're always going to have trouble squeezing yourself into one box- in fact it's probably better to avoid the boxes altogether... I'm not sure if you've already heard about it, but there's something called the kinsey scale, which 'measures' sexuality on a scale of one to six (one being straight and six being gay). It basically shows that your sexuality can fall anywhere on the spectrum. You can lean towards one gender and still be bi, and you'll probably prefer different genders at different times in your life.

You could identify as bi if it suits you, or just 'queer' or 'not straight' if you want it left more open. What you decide to call yourself is totally up to you, as you'll want find a way of describing your sexuality that feels right personally- such as I identify as gay because I don't particularly like the term lesbian. The most important thing to remember is that you don't need to label yourself immediately, as unfortunately it takes time to figure these things out. I know how much it sucks not getting the answers you want straight away, but if you push through it, things will sort themselves out. :thumbsup:

3. Vanille

DefineNormal basically said it. I think that for now you shouldn't worry about the labels. I was exactly where you are now, I came to this site for advice because I was questioning. I received some really awesome advice from a lot of people here. I thought I liked men but every time I keep track of who I'm staring at in public, in movies/shows, who I picture myself in relationships with, fantasizing about, it's always women. Then I figured that I wasn't really questioning, I was just in denial lol. I know for damn sure that I like women, I just really couldn't accept it. I'm going to say give it some more time. Try not to let the uncertainty boggle your mind (easier said than done right?). If you feel connected to both genders but favor women more, that's alright. Sexuality isn't as black and white as we would imagine it to be. Don't worry about labeling it. When I stopped trying to label it, I was able to think more clearly and that's when I started to understand more about myself. Good thing your friends already know so you don't have to go through this like I do since no one I know knows about my sexuality lol.
    My friends: "Omg he's so cute!! Don't you think so?"
    Me: "Yeah he's cute."
    My mind: I don't phuken know!

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh boy! I remember my questioning phase; I drove myself crazy trying to figure everything out all in one day. This became so habitual that I started to make myself physically sick, which then turned into denial and depression. I started seeing a psychiatrist then a therapist, but I realized that they could not help me. So, I decided to reach out to my friends, who were a bit more helpful, but mostly supportive. Talking about it helped, but I think I drove everyone else crazy too lol. I finally decided to join this other forum (become I discovered this one hehe) and I let all my feelings out. To my surprise, this girl sent me a msg and for almost an entire year, we messaged back and forth and finally something clicked! Just accept whatever feelings you are experiencing, do not deny them! That's been my biggest regret. Most of us here have been through what you're going through/still are...and like everyone else said, don't worry about labels.

#4 pinklov3ly, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  5. newguy

Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently came out to a friend, told her I was bi, at the time I didn't believe it , I just needed a way of spilling my feelings. just clicked after, felt right after telling my feelings towards both sexes, even still I feel confused, I don't feel straight or gay, but sometimes I feel both, and other times I feel bi. it amazes me that guys girls and everyone else, struggles with it at some point. Doesn't matter who you are or where u live. It's awesome that we can come here and figure it out, the other girls had some good advice:slight_smile:

6. JustMeForNow

Thanks guys. I do really think I'm bi, but I don't think I'm going to stress about as much and just let things go the way they're supposed to, maybe it'll help. I'm really thankful for this site because of the supporting people here :slight_smile: