1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship Trouble =(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Jun 1, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've been dating this girl for about 10 months now, and while things are not official yet, I care about her a lot. I'm friends with her on another social networking site, but the other day she decided to unfriend me because I was flirting with another girl on my friends list. The girl I was innocently flirting with lives in TX and I live in Michigan, do the math lol. There's nothing going on between us, she's become a really good friend; she's there for me whenever I need someone to talk to. However, the girl I'm dating is always MIA; I'm the most understanding person because I know she works a lot. IMO I think she's hiding the fact that she and I are more than friends on this other social networking site, which bothers me. I've been out for years now, and to all my friends on this other site. She is not out on this site, but her family knows she likes women; however I think they believe she was going through a phase or something. I'm no longer ashamed to be who I am, and to some extent I think she is (btw she's 24). It seems like, she's trying to downplay our relationship because of her family and her kids father. I'm not sure if she wants to be with me while keeping him on side just in case things don't work out between us. And I believe that's the reason why she unfriended me. At this point, I've apologized for the flirting, but I think she overreacted. I've decided to give her space so she can figure out what she wants, but she's terrible at expressing her feelings...I don't know what to do anymore, as I am ready to give up and move on. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks :slight_smile:

#1 pinklov3ly, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. Chandra

It sounds to me like you have started taking the right approach already, by giving her some space. Have you expressed clearly to her how you're feeling? If she's the kind of person who finds it hard to express her feelings, you might need to take the initiative more often to open up the lines of communication - which can be frustrating, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth it.

She sounds confused and insecure from your description, whereas you sound pretty sure of yourself. It might be something you are able to work through with her, with a lot of patience, but it could also be an obstacle that runs deeply with her, and if that's the case it will likely put a lot of stress on your relationship.