1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another bout of questioning :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LailaForbidden, Jun 1, 2012.

1. LailaForbidden

I feel like I can't get a definite answer on if i'm attracted to guys or not.. like its some kind of elusive thing that slips of my hands the moment I have a tiny grip on it. I mean, girls? Sometimes i feel like they're all I could ever want. They're simply beautiful creatures :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Guys? Sometimes i feel as if I have some attraction to them.. but sometimes not. In the past, i've always lacked the attraction and I made up ridiculous excuses as to why I wasn't attracted to them. like, for example, that I have a good relationship with my father so i don't need men as much...or that I just liked older guys and they were too immature... or that I didn't date/have attractions to them because of drama/I was focused on other things. It was silly... i've only had one crush on a guy and i doubt there was anything physical there. I mean, everything seems to add up to "lesbian," but I also feel like i could possibly get turned on by a guy... even if a certain phallic organ grosses me out. I'm just tired of questioning you know? I've spent hours looking at shirtless and naked guys trying to figure out if I like it. And all my attempts to fool around with a guy (for experimentation) haven't happened because apparently teenage guys don't want fwb as much as I thought... *sigh* Sorry, i know i've been posting about this alot. I'm just exasperated... really sorry if it gets to be too annoying ;P Do you have any advice? Do you think that i'm in denial of some sort? How can I possibly solve this puzzle? thanks.

2. rx79g

Well I unfortunately have not advice, but if it makes you feel better I'm in the exact same spot (genders flipped of course). At least we aren't alone. If you figure out a good way to figure it out though be sure to let me know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. JustMeForNow

I'm in the same position.. It sucks but it would probably make us stronger wouldn't it? I don't know exactly how yet, but it might.
    My advice would be to picture having a relationship with either gender and how it makes you feel.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know that for a long time I went back and forth between bisexual and lesbian. I think that my problem was that I could not accept the fact that I was not attracted sexually to men.

I can be attracted romantically to men though.. which is very confusing at times. I will like a man romantically, but then realize that I am not sexually attracted to them...

So.. I think that you're just in some part of the process of figuring out your orientation. I'm sure that with time you will find out your orientation. I know for me, I was going to sleep one night and I realized that I was gay..

I hope that this helps you some. If you need to talk feel free to post on my wall.

5. Ianthe

I think you are gay. There is no reason you would be in denial about liking guys. You just want to like them even though you don't, so you can't accept it.

There is no evidence of attraction to men in your post. There is lot's of evidence of you not liking them.

You like women, and you don't like men. That is the definition of a lesbian. You are clinging to shreds of doubt, because you don't want to accept the truth.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are totes a lesbian. :thumbsup: