1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destined to be alone... forever

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So... as the title suggests I'm "Destined to be alone... forever" and don't try and convince me I won't be.

I will admit that I have made some big steps within this week in terms of accepting myself and coming out to two friends. I also plan on coming out to my family before next year but... well...

I feel like I'm gonna be alone
    1)I don't like partying scene/clubbing/night life (It's just not for me and I don't like it but this seems like the only way to meet people)
    2)I don't have a job atm so meeting people there isn't an idea, although I'm looking for volunteer work
    3)I wouldn't say I'm the best at socializing having just got confidence
    4)Not guy is going to like me enough to want me as a boyfriend

So. There :bang:

2. robclem21

Hey!!

So I won't try to convince you but I know what your feeling. If it helps at all, points #1 and 2 we are both on the same page so it's not just you. There are many ways to meet people and sometimes it happens when you least expect it. Sometimes if you try too hard things can get a bit stressful. I find when I relax and stop trying to "push" things, that's when I start to meet more people. Going with the flow just helps a lot.

First off the most important thing is to work on #3 and getting your confidence up. Before you can be with anyone it is important to be confident in yourself. Confidence is very attractive to most if not all guys and not if but when (because I know you will) become more confident in yourself you will become better are socializing. Not only will you feel like you are deserving of someone, but they will feel like you are too good for them as a bf.

Keep your head high. Everything will work out. Even though I know when your down it's hard to see.(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Alright, I won't convince you that you will find someone in the future (which you will :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

But, just because you are single doesn't mean you have to be sad about it. Its not the end of the world and you can definitely be happy without someone besides you. Be a "strong independent women!" like my friend likes to say xD

What makes you happy? What do you like to do? Focus on that and enjoy it. Don't think about how you don't have someone. Think about everything else that you do have. I know, it way harder than it sounds, but its doable :slight_smile:

I will touch on one point, though.

1) I have met all of my boyfriends at very boring and casual places. Don't feel like you have to stick to the night life :slight_smile:

4) Don't focus on making someone like you. Like yourself and everything else will fall in place. I'm serious.

I know it can be frustrating, but I hope you feel better (*hug*)

4. dano22

dano22 Guest

This is how I exactly feel in my life right now I long for relationship and every time I meet someone online or something it goes nowhere after awhile. Its sad that most of the guys i meet turn out to be only interested in one thing sex.

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

Normally I would ignore a thread like this, but as I have a friend who has sounded like a broken record (and exactly like you) for 5 years now, I'm going to tell you what I tell him.

1)I don't like partying scene/clubbing/night life (It's just not for me and I don't like it but this seems like the only way to meet people)

There is a great big world outside the clubs. Clubs are overrated and full of immature, self important, drunken pleasure seeking stereotypes whose only loyalties are to booze, drugs and fun. Yeah, there are some great people that go there, but really, you're not missing out on much. Try meeting people through friends, community events, concerts, and other areas of interest.

2)I don't have a job atm so meeting people there isn't an idea, although I'm looking for volunteer work

Not having a job does not affect your level of availability.

3)I wouldn't say I'm the best at socializing having just got confidence

You have always had it.

4)Not guy is going to like me enough to want me as a boyfriend

Pure BS. There is a match for everyone out there.

Problems solved.

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Happens when you least expect it (I hate that saying) but yeah. I get what you mean
    :slight_smile:

7. KnightAssassin

I felt the same way about myself and now in 3 months it'll be one year , things work out without meaning to they just take time

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I really doubt there's a match for everyone.
    Everyone = (&&&) Me = :rolle:

9. robclem21

I think I see your little guy in that big hug circle. He's between the red and green guys :slight_smile:

10. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Guess i'm just feeling down at the moment. I have this idea of my hypothetical boyfriend which probably isn't gonna happen.

:icon_sad: