1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love sucks

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Snyder, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Snyder

So there's this guy. Everytime I see him I feel like my hearts going to burst. His smile is enough to make my legs week. When I'm not with him I think about him ALL THE TIME. It's not just a pipe-dream either. He seems rather…friendly with other guys. I saw him holding hands with a guy once when he thought nobody was looking.

But I have a problem…We're only in 8th grade and I couldn't handle being out before high-school. Further I don't know if he's come out to himself or if he's even gay in the first place. To top it off the chance of being rejected and then being outed to the whole school isn't helpful. What can I do?

2. Ianthe

Is he a friend of yours?

If not, make friends with him. Then talk to him about gay issues and figure out if he's at least gay friendly.

Then, if he is, come out to him. See how he responds to that before deciding whether to tell him your feelings for him.

Meanwhile, enjoy your feelings and be glad you get to live in a world with such awesome people in it.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Darn! I wish I would've been courageous enough to acknowledge such feelings during my teen years. I was too busy trying to hide my feelings, so I commend you for being so brave :slight_smile: The best way to find the answers to your questions is to first, befriend him and get to know him, but please be cautious. Find out is stance on the LGBT community then go from there, by the way, there's no need to rush these types of things. Good luck!

4. Snyder

Thanks for the advice! I can always trust y'all for help. :slight_smile: