1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confidence booster

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Jun 2, 2012.

1. csocm

I have been reading a lot of threads and people have repeated over and over again how girls (and guys) like people with confidence. My issue is, is that I am really self conscious and have really low self esteem. I talk myself down a lot and I always think of what other people think about me. Such as I am like 115, but have started working out more, originally it was to get into better shape but now I want to lose more weight. When ever I mention losing weight to my friends they usually "yell" at me because they don't think I need to lose the weight. I've tried in the past to work on my confidence but it has never really worked. I am usually pretty socially awkward and it takes me a long time to warm up to people. Somehow I managed to warm up to my softball team and I am relatively confident around them. But I don't know how to become more confident in general. Any advice on how to build confidence?