1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to meet guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by apollo92, Jun 3, 2012.

1. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everybody. A little bit about myself: I "came out" in November 2011, but in February 2012 I had a couple of situations where getting back into the closet seemed like the best option.

However, very soon I'm going to college in Montreal, where I'll live alone in a much larger city. I really want to meet new guys, find new friends, maybe start a relationship... I'm open to anything. Any advice, besides going to gay clubs and hooking up with random strangers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ?

2. RealityCheck

Go buy one of those crazy tshirts mentioned in another thread. No mistaking a person for straight wearing one of those, lol. Seriously, I'm sure in that big of a town there are tons of differents events that the lgbt community will have for people to meet one another. Just do a quick search and see what you find. Also I would guess that your school would have a club or support organization. Let us know all the cool stuff you find. Good luck. :slight_smile:

Just to add, I would like to interrupt this thread just to say that every week someone comes on here and asks how to meet people without going to clubs and hooking up with strangers (including myself). Now surely out of so many of us there would be a couple roaming around a city of over 6 million, but no, they seem to be mythical creatures. I think there is a BOT that combs these parts and creates a post every week just to tease me. Anyway, Carry On.

Also, welcome to the community. Glad you joined. Promise I won't wreck anymore of your threads :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#2 RealityCheck, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  3. Epipleptic

Montreal is a great city, good for you. Since you're in college, check out the LGBT club or Gay-Straight Alliance, whatever they have. Or just ask your student activities office. I believe Montreal has a strong gay community so I'd look for an LGBT center in the city and inquire about groups or events (your college may have one as well). There might also be sports teams if you're interested in that. I can't speak for Montreal but I know my area has several "non scene" groups that go to museums, host board game nights, picnics, etc. Those tend to be for people in their 20's and 30's, so it depends on if you're comfortable with people older than you who are not in college. Remember, you're in college so just join whatever activity (LGBT specific or not) that interests you and I'm sure you'll find friends.

4. apollo92

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Great ideas. Thank you both! I actually went to my University's "Queer student association" website, and I saw they host several events, parties, discussions, etc...

Any other tips, and tips on how to approach guys would be greatly appreciated :kiss:

5. RealityCheck

Approach them very cautiously. They are tricky devils and have sharp teeth. I prefer to leap from above, normally from a firm branch or support beam. Sometimes you can distract them with really shiny objects, just make sure you have an escape route in case things get dangerous.

I'm in a joking mood. I apologize again.

Once you go to these events just be yourself. Talk about what interests you and ask what interests them. It's no different than any other friend you have had, except that one of these guys may want to get freaky deaky with ya one day. If you get into a situation where you like someone and you aren't sure if they like you, come back here and post all about it. We LOVE these kind of threads and we like to openly profess our ultimate wisdom to your success. Another joke as I haven't been in a real relationship yet, lol. I'm here all night folks.

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I find these types of groups in my area? I'm right in the middle of that age group...
    (as an aspie, I sometimes am missing the information that is generally common knowledge...)

7. RealityCheck

Equality Toledo

TAGALA