1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly-Out Troubles

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wtir, Jun 3, 2012.

1. wtir

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there everyone,

I kind of joined in a rush because I have been trying to let things play out and "calm" down, so to speak, but I really wanted to turn to y'all for advice.

I'm a 21yo student who has just recently found an amazing guy that changed my world. We both have the same interests, have the same mindset, and we're both masculine. We have been going out for little over a month now, and he is the person who held my hand through my 'coming-out' to my parents and made the painful experience blow over much easier. Now when around my parents, they aren't greatly disturbed by the fact that I mention his name when a topic relates to him; when I do mention him I keep things simple, as if talking about a best friend. An important thing to note as well is that he has been out since the end of highschool, so about 3 years out now.

I know it has only been one month and a half and my first serious gay relationship, but I am really starting to be disturbed by his behavior. He has pretty bad ADD but is medicated and I have seen what he behaves like when he is genuinely interested. Nowadays he is playing on his iphone with games and crap (even wikipedia articles during movies for gods sake) during dinners he won't make eye contact with me for more than 3 seconds at a time while giving me a smile through his teeth and a perk of the brow before returning right back to what he was doing.

He is in slightly better shape than me and I don't think much of it, however his perception of himself really turns me off. He is trying to cut weight unhealthily and I know for a fact that his previous bf's have been guys who made him self-conscious about his image. This all boils down to the fact that we haven't had really any intimacy the past 2.5 weeks and the only time he tells me he loves me is when my blood is boiling and he has the sense to detect my contempt for his response to my conversation starters or intimate gestures (otherwise we sit at the table doing nothing).

What really confuses me though is that we will be in bed and he is a restless sleeper so I am typically woken and groggy in the mornings due to his tossing and turning. Then he will climb over me when he gets morning wood and just dry hump me for a little, go brush his teeth and expect to start his day and just leave me there as if he was teasing. Whenever things like this happen, I get so confused and upset by it that I tell him what is bothering me and he has always said "oh its just my ADD, lol" but that excuse is starting to wear off and I don't see him trying the slightest bit, its only what "he" wants to do. He is such a great guy, but I'm thinking he isn't the RIGHT guy? Please help me put my head on straight (no pun intended) because I tried dating girls in the past and got acclimated to knowing that his behavior is one that means something is wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated because I want to understand the situation and respond to it appropriately before assumptions and damages are done prematurely. :tantrum:

Thanks!

2. RealityCheck

I think that all you can do is voice your concerns with this guy and if you don't get a positive response you will just have to move on. I'm sure the initial feeling of being open and having someone is great, but at the end of the day you have to look at this like you would have any other relationship in the past. Either it works or it doesn't. I don't think there has to be hard feelings between the two of you if you did break up. Hopefully others here will have a better answer for you seeing as how I haven't been in a real relationship yet. I wish you the best and hope things workout for you in the end. Good luck.